Import car of the year 79'

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Red eyeZ

Import car of the year 79'

Post by Red eyeZ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:31 pm

I managed to score me a nice 2+2 79' Z , a special edition version. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of my car type or any leeds as to why my car is so special apart from the fact that it is a Z. Cheers

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Not 100% sure but I have heard that there are some 280zx (or JDM Fairlady 280Z) had extra HP, close ratio gearbox and a LSD. Does your car have a LSD? Does the engine number have a R in it anywhere - I have heard (but have never seen one or seen any proof) that Nissan sold some L28 that were different but they had an R in the engine number - again there is no info on this other than most of these went to South Africa and all this is hear say.

So any more info you can provide will help - and maybe confirm the stuff above.

Red eyeZ

Post by Red eyeZ » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:32 pm

hey um the engine is a standard L28 EFI and it dosent have LSD either but it does have Loads of electrics like dual fuel guage , oil pressure & temp guage , Lap time/stop clock , voltmeter, electric windows and mirrors and cruise control (5 speed manual). Does all this come with a standard 79' 280Z? Between the gear stick and the ashtray is a label that says " Import car of the year special edition" I hope any of this helps