Chch Z32 Owner

New to the site? Say hello here!
jaymanson

Chch Z32 Owner

Post by jaymanson » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi all,

Thought it was about time I signed up here too - I'm Jamie, 31 from Chch, and I'm a Zedaholic lol! Have owned my Z32 since May 2009 and have been an active member on the 300ZX forum since then.

She's an Aztec Red, '91 NA 2+2, fairly low k's for the year, not hugely modified but so far I've replaced the stock air box with a Z1 high flow filter & Slashman chipped ECU.

Auto's been a bit duff for a while now, but she's being repowered sometime in the next few weeks to MT - have also bought Exedy Stage 1 Racing clutch, Z1 lightweight flywheel, Z1 short throw shifter, Nismo mount and a few other bits and bobs to go with it. Just waiting on a mechanic friend to clear a few other jobs he's got on, and then we'll get on with it.

After that, I'll be doing a full timing service before the end of the year, and have an Unorthadox Racing underdrive crank pully sitting waiting and an overdrive w/p pulley on the way from USA at the moment to go on at the same time, so she'll be a different beast by the end of the year :D

Definitely keen to hook up with other Z owners for Chch meets - we're not doing too well with getting together in Chch on the 300ZX forum alone :roll:

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi Jay. Welcome to the forum. Yes i,m sure others with Zeds In Ch Ch would be keen to meet . 8)

Sounds like a nice car you have there, and a work in progress :lol:
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 am

Hi Jamie

Great to have you on board.

Yes it would be good to get more events organised in Christchurch - there seem to be a few of us about now. Maybe something a little more substantial than brekky at Tower Junction.

Cheers

Andy
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

jaymanson

Post by jaymanson » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:23 pm

netrover wrote:Maybe something a little more substantial than brekky at Tower Junction.
Definitely Andy - unless I've got something major already planned for the same day, you can pretty much count me in for any meets :D Maybe we can aim to get enough owners together to fill a track day at Ruapuna :wink: (but I'll settle for a cruise :D )

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey Jamie, great to see you've checked in over here too. 8) :D Hope you make it up to Nizfest. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

jaymanson

Post by jaymanson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm gutted I can't make it up for Nizfest unfortunately :(

My wife and I flew up last year for the club meet at Taupo (and I at least got a blatt round the track thanks to Glenn bringing the spare Z). Was hoping at that point to have mine ready for the trip up and some track time this year, but it wasn't to be unfortunately! The evils of money (or not having enough of it)!!

We did think about coming up again regardless, but I decided the better thing would be to spend the money on my car rather than flights, etc. 8) It would have been fun, but I gotta keep my priorities straight :lol: :lol: