New member in Melbourne, Aust. ex Dunedin NZ

New to the site? Say hello here!
AussieZed

New member in Melbourne, Aust. ex Dunedin NZ

Post by AussieZed » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:03 am

Hi there,

I am a Kiwi so don't hate me :D . Was a member of this club in 2003 (before I moved overseas) with a fire-engine red Fairlady 260z 2+2 (2L EFI) in Dunedin. That car was ex-Australia but I bought it in Christchurch. It was a lovely car but got left with my ex-gf and ended up, um, less lovely. Last heard of being re-restored in Dunedin.... perhaps the owner is a member here??

I now own a red 1975 260Z GRS 2+2 ... spotted in a local paddock and bought it for a full resto. To date I have rebuilt the motor and am in the process of changing it from an automatic into a manual. The majority of the rust is out of it and I am swapping the unvented bonnet for a vented one. Will shortly rip the doors off it (stuffed with rust in the lower skins) for some replacements I have found. Electrics are pretty much done, have finished the underbody work and looking forward to a new paint job early 2011. Found some nice restored 200B rims.

If anyone spots parts on Ebay Australia or elsewhere that needs an Aussie contact let me know, happy to collect parts and send em on to NZ or just act as a go between. The club here is great (AusZcar) and has been really helpful.

Cheers, Ross

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome back Ross. 8) Don't worry we won't hate you just because you chose thongs over shoe laces. :lol:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

AussieZed

Post by AussieZed » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

I do try and avoid shoelaces. They do so confuse the Australians, and the sad looks on their wee faces are tragic. (-;