Newby

New to the site? Say hello here!
GregZ

Newby

Post by GregZ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone, well after owning my 03 350z for about 3 years I,ve finally joined the club, I was getting some fish and chips up the road when this guy handed me a card, I thought oh great what does he want to sell me! but it was Dave Turner with a card for the club, thanks Dave.
He told me there was a club run on the weekend and I went along, had a great day, thanks to everyone there for making me feel welcome and not criticizing my car,s flaws.
I,ve had many cars over the years, mostly american or V8,s (nice to finally have a car that can handle ) and have been a member of a few clubs so know that the occasional member can be a little over zealous when it comes to originality or perfection.
While I try to look after my cars and make them better than when purchased, I believe they are meant to be driven and tend to make the most of their performance, I,m keen to participate in some track events with the rest of the club.

Looking forward to meeting more members in the coming months,

Greg & Tracy
Attachments
My 350z
My 350z
350z02.jpg (5.73 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Welcome to the Club and to the forum, Greg and Tracy. You will find no one will make adverse comment
about others cars. They are mostly modified in some way as you will soon see. The most fiddled with are
the 240Z and 260Zs I would think, although some of the 300Zs have some pretty nice stuff done.
We don't pamper our car too much. Once a year it gets a good groom for the club concours, and the rest
of the time its driven wet or dry on club events, washed and polished.
Couldn't come on the run at the weekend, grandchildren and birthdays.
Look forward to meeting you both. 8)

Brian and Sheryl
Last edited by us2 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Greg, great to meet you yesterday. Didn't you do well completing the trial without a navigator! 8) :D

Way to go Dave taking any opportunity to recruit new members, even foraging for fish & chips!! 8) :D :D

** If anyone wants any club cards, come along to a meet, I usually have a bundle of club cards with me. **

Sorry Greg, back on topic, welcome. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Great to meet you yesterday Greg, I'm totally besotted with your car; I love black and the wheels are sweeeet.

Look forward to seeing that weapon at events in future :D

asyado

Post by asyado » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Greg, welcome, welcome, welcome. Yep you're right, a great bunch of guys here and all willing to part with there knowledge where needed. Happy zedding. Nigel
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

netrover

Post by netrover » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Welcome guys!

ALways great to have keen new members. Love the car - it looks great.

Is this your daily drive, or do you only go for a spin when the mood takes you?
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

Buster

Post by Buster » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:39 pm

We had a good day at Hampton Downs today.
A few spits of rain but most of the driving was done in the dry.
Lots of caged race cars today.

GregZ

Post by GregZ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 am

Had a great day, good to see you again Mike, we held our own against some serious cars and still got to drive home, doesn,t get much better than that.
Good number and variety of cars running and only a nice SS Camaro visiting the panelbeaters next week.