Motor Up and Fuel Up

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
Brock365

Motor Up and Fuel Up

Post by Brock365 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:06 pm

"as advertised on TV". Ive tried these on my L28 and there is a noticable differance. I also run my 280ZX on Bp Ultimate 98 Octane, which is expensive.
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:43 pm

what sort of difference?

I haven't tried but are tempted given the pretty sad state of my L24
72 240z plus bits

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:07 pm

My L28s oil temperture stays cooler now when "having fun" after using that, and it does seem to have a bit extra take off.
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:30 pm

Well I did sort of "prove" (I use the word loosely) that you can get more power from octane boost and avgas - at the dyno day in Taupo a while ago I ran my yello beasty to a reasnoble 260kw but was unable to aquire more boost (and power therefore) so we took it off the dyno, I was later beaten by a fellow club member (300zx club, forum member here .... oww alright SLASH BEAT ME DAMN IT!) LOL! Slash got 305kw (ish) sooo I decided this wasn't good
A trip to Supercheap got me some octane boost (some random brand orange bottle I think) chucked the whole bottle in on quater of a tank of 98, added about 15L of avgas to the brew and chucked it back on the dyno - no change. BUT then I advanced the timing by five degrees (no detonation now due to my rocket fuel) and climbed up to 280kws :) - still beaten by Slash but a shite load closer and on much lower boost.

The point is I got an extra 20kws @ the wheels from this but only after advancing the spark timing as well, if you look at the big picture it's like a 10% gain for a whole lot of mucking around but hey it worked.