Tyres for 350z

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
seejay

Tyres for 350z

Post by seejay » Thu May 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi all. I am new to this site and have a few items to pick your brains about. I need new tyres for my 09 350z and dont realy want to spend 500 bucks on the OE Bridgestone 050,s . I am looking at the Toyo T1R or Falken 452. They both have good reviews on the web. I was going to look at Goodyear F1 GD3 Eagles but they dont come in a 225/45/18 front fitment and have now been canned BUGGER!.

Buster

Post by Buster » Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I've done 12000km and two track days in mine and not needing tires yet. How many kms did you get.

martinmac

Post by martinmac » Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi mate, glad you found this place. :D

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 am

Welcome to the forum Seejay. :D I hear you posted on Piston Heads too asking about tyres, so my spies tell me. :wink: 8)

There are a few posts around here about tyres for our newer beasties. Also on Netrover's thread here:

http://zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=185 ... sc&start=0

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric is the tyre that superseded the GS-D3. The Asymmetric has much more rigid sidewalls than it's predecessor.

I'm running the Yokohama Advan Sport V103. No cheap, but worth the dosh. Excellent feedback through the tyres, very rigid sidewalls. Seem to wear well too.

** Don't forget to post in the Welcome's and pop a photo up of your 350. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

RichiZ

Post by RichiZ » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Bridgestone Re-11, Next best thing to semi-slicks. =)
Awesome on the track and do not melt away like the F1-GSD3

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:50 pm

What tyres did you go with Seejay??
Next - Z Club events:

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 am

I have Toyo T1R on my Skyline and Alfa and I really like them - progressive and quiet for a performance oriented tyre. Good in the wet too.

IMHO excellent value for money.

Cheers

GM
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Toyo's are quite a popular choice in the UK & US for the 350's, reasonably priced & the sizing is good for both the stock 17 & 18" rims.

Also the Vredestein Sessanta are another popular choice. They are available here. Not driven on them myself, so can't comment on their capabilities.
http://www.vredestein.com/Onlineadvies_ ... 3&FaqID=36

There's a massive long thread on the UK forum with comments about tyres, whether that be good, or otherwise.
http://350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5589
Next - Z Club events:

gaijin

Post by gaijin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 am

Im running Dunlop formula R (Dot legal) 16" race tires on my daily, would probably avoid due to poor grip when cold. Too much grip when they are warm for the street. Going around roundabouts that have the applied sandpaper finish (Elleslie/penrose) means that speeds are around 100km/hr ...scary, car not smiling...

Im also running Potenze Re 070 semi slick in 17" which are probably at the softer end for street tire. These work really well.

For a notch down in grip, Conti Sport Contacts are very good tire, way better than most of the A tractionr ated Re040/50's. Standard tire for 911's. Im still only getting 6000kms a set tho...
Actually working on a non-working zed