Another Brit

New to the site? Say hello here!
Dalos

Another Brit

Post by Dalos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 am

I just thought I'd say hello to you all and show you my Zed, "hello".

I have a '74 260Z which I've had for about three years now. It's got quite a low VIN, RS30 000030. I think you've got a member with no.37, which makes me wonder which batches headed where from Japan, to the UK, NZ and Aus?

*edited to add pics*

Last edited by Dalos on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalos

Post by Dalos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:24 am

I see I can't post img's 'til I have made five posts!

That's three. :wink:

Dalos

Post by Dalos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 am

Four. :D

Dalos

Post by Dalos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 am

And now five! :lol:

Now I'll edit my first post of this thread. Sorry.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Dalos. Nice pics of your car, it looks pretty mint.
The Silverstone shots are good with a number of 240s and 260s circulating
together. Quite hard to get a good number together in a group down here.Does it snow where you are?
Cheers 8) 8)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 pm

What a lovely example. 8) 8) Interesting to see it has a sunroof too. 8) Fab pics, love the group shots. :D

You Pom Poms aren't planning an invasion are you?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P Fantastic to see another Pommy joining our forum. 8)

ps. A few weeks ago, when we were coming back from our Taupo track day we were stuck on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck, and a chap rolled up and started chatting. It turned out he's a member from the Zclub Uk, out here on holiday. He showed me & the lads a few pics of his lovely dark green 280zx. Sorry I can't remember what his username is, he did tell me. :oops:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Dalos

Post by Dalos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:47 pm

us2 wrote:Nice pics of your car, it looks pretty mint.
I wish! The dreaded tin worm has decided to make an appearance through my lovely paintwork and it also needs some sill welding too. Still, it's all worth it. :D
us2 wrote:Does it snow where you are?
Oh yes, and rain. A lot of rain!
BRONZEE wrote:Interesting to see it has a sunroof too.
I do love having a sunroof, but it I'm sure it makes the car a little more bendy. It certainly creeks if I drive over a sleeping policeman. I don't think I'd get another S30 with a sunroof. :P
BRONZEE wrote:You Pom Poms aren't planning an invasion are you?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
Haha :lol: I have to say though, New Zealand is on my list of places I must visit before I cark it. It's just a shame I wouldn't be able to take the Zed over to hoon through the amazing scenery.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Here are some more of the Silverstone shots; it was from the Zclub's 30th anniversary a few years back. An amazing day! :wink:

us2
Z Club Member

Post by us2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:57 am

Those shots are amazing, thanks very much Dalos .We dont have anywhere near that number .
Does the Z club have a monthly event,and what would that be doing What numbers of people/cars usually take part?
We are having an amazing summer down here,with week after week of cloudless skies.Days to get the 240 out and
just cruise for the hell of it. Met up with some folk on holiday from UK at a cafe just yesterday .My wife and I chatted to them for some time. They said they were having a great time. It woud be great to see some UK Z folk down here.
Condolences about the tin worm .Our cars are close on 40 now and starting to get a few aches and pains. A great pity they were
not better protected from new. I would doubt there are many now with no tin worm, unless they have had extensive work done.
Cheers. 8) 8)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:05 am

Dalos wrote: if I drive over a "sleeping policeman".
Oh, and in Kiwi speak, Judder bars or speed bumps. :lol:

Very jealous of being at a meet with all of those Zeds. :mrgreen: :D Must get over there for a few meets. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Dalos

Post by Dalos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 am

I have to say, that event was a bit of a one off, or at least pretty rare. It was a collection of a number of Zed clubs over here with driving around the circuit a good draw for them.

When it comes to the older cars, there are less over here than you would think, and we're all pretty spread out. I'm in the North-East and I know of another two, but they aren't really active enthusiast as far as I can tell.

The ZClub is split into regions for monthly meets, but there is only two areas that get together regularly so the majority have to wait for the yearly events, and even then the turnout isn't all that amazing. Shame really.

It's just all wrong isn't it? We have more cars and meets, but hardly anyone comes out coz it's always raining, and you have less cars but stunning weather to hoon in!

Oh and BRONZEE, I got 'cark it' in, that's one of yours isn't it? :lol:

us2
Z Club Member

Post by us2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 am

With the majority of Zeds mainly in the greater Auckland area,we try to have an event of some sort once a month. Feb. being our busy month because we can usually rely on fine weather.There are two major car shows in Feb.held on consecutive weekends ,then the Z club annual track day, and then usually a grass thrash for those who want to go sideways with not too much risk. Great fun although the car can become a mess with usually cow shite in the paddock.
Winter time is quiter but we try to have day trips to places of interest, brunches, or the odd trial type event.
:lol: :lol:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Dalos wrote:When it comes to the older cars, there are less over here than you would think, and we're all pretty spread out. I'm in the North-East and I know of another two, but they aren't really active enthusiast as far as I can tell.
Perhaps they have split allegiances, with other cars they have, other club meets to go to?? Same here too.

Dalos wrote:The ZClub is split into regions for monthly meets, but there is only two areas that get together regularly so the majority have to wait for the yearly events, and even then the turnout isn't all that amazing. Shame really.
Main thing is you have those meets, and they can always be expanded upon. :wink:
Next - Z Club events: