Z Club Taupo track day

Ideas, past and coming events
nustad
Z Club Member

Have a great weekend everyone

Post by nustad » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:32 pm

This event is looking great - congrats to the organising committee for their obvious effort. Have a great time, wish I was going to be there.

Looking forward to photos and stories.

Cheers

Glenn
72 240z plus bits

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:51 am

An awesome event
had a great time
very little could be done to improve on this one
Well done to all those involved
Thanks very much to all our sponsors who donated some awesome prizes (some of which are mine I believe)
looking forward to our impromptu lunch at the cook today :D
sorry I couldnt attend the prize giving last night folks.

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Thank you to the organisers for a fun event. I really enjoyed meeting you all...nice bunch of people! Next event I'll drag along Max with his Skyline if you'll have us!
Keith F

mikec(nz)
Z Club Member

Post by mikec(nz) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Great event, big thanks to all the organisers. Cheers Mike.

stevec

Post by stevec » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:05 pm

wot a gr8 event an i had alot of fun. A big fanks 2 all the orginisers such alot of work put in so that we all coled sit bac and enjoy the event im looking forward to rubbers pics now an 2 c pics that others took too :D :D :D :D :D

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:57 pm

Congratulations to the organisers for putting together such a neat event. And also to everybody for being so friendly - certainly helps when you are an out of towner.

My only suggestion is that the day be re-organised slightly so that there is more time for the dual car sprints.

My only dissapointment was that there weren't enough S30s there - we need a better showing next year people!

stevec

Post by stevec » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:
My only suggestion is that the day be re-organised slightly so that there is more time for the dual car sprints.
I concuer with that sigesstion, im sure next time ther will b an opportunity to maximise da trac utilisation time dunno off the top my head maybey have 2 shifts for lunch so wile some r eating some r still on da trac?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm

I firstly like to say thank you to you all for coming along and supporting the event, especially those that came from far and wide, Willyzed = Christchurch, Mad Mike = Sydney, Paul = Rarotonga and all over the North Island. A lot of kms covered by everyone!! So many funny moments, just an amazing weekend! Wonderful to meet everyone and to see all the Zeds!!!

And of course a huge thank you to the rest of the organising crew and helpers, you all rock!!!

Another massive thank you to our sponsors of this event!!! Fabulous prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was incredible to see so many different Zeds there on the track and spectators too. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the lineup. Thank you Zilver for the money shot! Image

Awesome to see 4 x 350's, even if my Z wasn't one of them, but at least I had the chance to be co-driver in Dragon's bronze 350. Next year there will be more 350's I hope. Crossing toes.

Saturday's cruise was very cool and thank you to Agrozx for organising that. Great to see all the sights including driving up to Top of the Bruce at Ruapehu, hmmmmm, awesome Zeds shots. Will up load some shortly if the photos are any good.

Full stop, this has been an absolutely fabulous weekend, and hopefully more of you can make it next time.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

stevec

Post by stevec » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:53 pm

some gr8 video footage taken by Thomas xs9909 from his in car camera:

http://www.nz300zx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 1128#21128

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Would like to say thanks to everyone for the great weekend. was great to meet everyone and will definatly be looking forward to the next event!! but I agree more S30's

enjoyed everymoment of it.

see you all next year if not before

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 pm

oh YEAH I had a great time bossing you lot around....and giving everyone flak....

cheers from MadMatt
A few projects on the go....

SQAH2

Post by SQAH2 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:57 pm

Big cheers to the organizers for putting together this event
I really enjoyed my self even through it was short lived for my car (ripped the center out of the flex plate) all good now though (still I think I did not bad for a first timer)

Just one gripe what happened to the rest of the drags?????
(the winners paired against each other part)
As this is one of the main reasons I was there!!!

01:00pm - Drags
Short one-on-one blasts down the front straight. Runs will not be timed, but winners will be recorded and paired against each other.

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:33 pm

well it was a time thing since I was not controlling the drags if it was to organise you into pairs that you wanted to race..

By the way the only cars you didnt go up against was madmike, Glenn, and I think it was Ultrapulse...but all in all your car hauled arse, next time we'll look @ puttng some order in the drags again it comes down to timing..I made the call to start the Sprints.
A few projects on the go....

tobyh7

Post by tobyh7 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 pm

Thank you all the organizers and people who helped out
for such a great weekend

Id like to add some of my shots as well
Attachments
PIC01431 (Small).JPG
PIC01431 (Small).JPG (55.75 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
PIC01418 (Small).JPG
PIC01418 (Small).JPG (56.2 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
PIC01425 (Small).JPG
PIC01425 (Small).JPG (29.24 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 am

To all of you that stayed at The Ascot hotel, I talked to the manager Liz half and hour ago and she asked me to pass along a thank you to everyone for being a fun lot people and being clean and tidy, and we've been invited back. :shock: :lol: 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.