Z Club Taupo track day

Ideas, past and coming events
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Nudge you lot, I'm sure there must be people that are intending to come along to Taupo and haven't posted yet. :wink: :wink: :P

Don't forget about speaking to me about Taupo accommodation as per the website & your zed momentos very cool t-shirts & caps!! :D :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi, I am potentially a new member and I really want to join everyone at Taupo but I am about to leave overseas for 5 weeks...who do I contact about confirming a spot?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:39 pm

Keithf wrote:Hi, I am potentially a new member and I really want to join everyone at Taupo but I am about to leave overseas for 5 weeks...who do I contact about confirming a spot?
Hi Keith, great start as you've already registered, one of us will be in contact with you in this week to confirm details & payment etc. If you require accommodation at the main hotel, tshirts & caps as per the website http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/, just pop me a pm (private message) to confirm also.

Cheers
Bronzee

ps. Awesome to have another 350 around!!! Looks like there will be a few of us on the track this time!!! Woohooooo!!!
Next - Z Club events:

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:25 pm

Thanks Bronzee...I am really looking forward to it. I have raced there once with the Taranaki Car Club in my old car ( a Holden Monaro) earlier this year...just to see if I had fun ( my wife reckons I work too hard and needed a hobby...I think she meant golf or something tame). Well I did have fun but the Monaro had to go...too big and heavy and an automatic. So I put it on Trademe and wouldn't you know it a guy with a Z wanted to swap...I couldn't believe my luck. And so I am now the proud owner of a Silver 2002 Fairlady. All I need to do now is relearn how to drive (too well behaved in my youth). I leave on Thursday morning for Central America so if you haven't contacted me by then *Please* don't reject my application...I will be a starter for sure!

BRONZEE wrote:
Keithf wrote:Hi, I am potentially a new member and I really want to join everyone at Taupo but I am about to leave overseas for 5 weeks...who do I contact about confirming a spot?
Hi Keith, great start as you've already registered, one of us will be in contact with you in this week to confirm details & payment etc. If you require accommodation at the main hotel, tshirts & caps as per the website http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/, just pop me a pm (private message) to confirm also.

Cheers
Bronzee

ps. Awesome to have another 350 around!!! Looks like there will be a few of us on the track this time!!! Woohooooo!!!

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:32 pm

Do we book accomodation directly with Ascot or via the club?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:02 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:Do we book accomodation directly with Ascot or via the club?
Send me a PM directly and let me know which TYPE of room you like and I'll sort it out.
http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/accomodation.php

NOTE TO ALL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH US AT PARTY CENTRAL "THE ASCOT HOTEL" PLEASE PM ME DIRECTLY WITH YOUR REQUIREMENTS & LET ME KNOW WHICH ROOM TYPE IS SUITABLE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE.
Next - Z Club events:

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Will it be the full track? I've been told by a member of the Porche club that they have taken the esses out of the short track making it a lot less challenging???

240z wrote:Now is the time to register for this event people.

We hope to get Z's from all over the country to Taupo for the ultimate Z weekend so dont miss out

Your club has made a significant commitment for track hirage and a group of club members have spent many hours planning out the whole weekend.

The weekend is intended as a fun weekend and have something for everyone it will include a cruise around Taupo with plenty of photo opportunities, The track day will give us all a chance with no pressure to drive our cars at above road legal speeds. Driver training in the morning will be an excellent opportunity for our club racers to pass on there experience to us all.

For those that want to come along and watch and take part in the evening functions and prize givings, I'm sure you will have an excellent weekend.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Kelvin

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:03 pm

BRONZEE wrote:
old_datto_fan wrote:Do we book accomodation directly with Ascot or via the club?
Send me a PM directly and let me know which TYPE of room you like and I'll sort it out.
http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/accomodation.php

NOTE TO ALL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH US AT PARTY CENTRAL "THE ASCOT HOTEL" PLEASE PM ME DIRECTLY WITH YOUR REQUIREMENTS & LET ME KNOW WHICH ROOM TYPE IS SUITABLE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE.[/
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:13 pm

Keithf wrote:So I put it on Trademe and wouldn't you know it a guy with a Z wanted to swap...I couldn't believe my luck. And so I am now the proud owner of a Silver 2002 Fairlady. I leave on Thursday morning for Central America so if you haven't contacted me by then *Please* don't reject my application...I will be a starter for sure!
Hehe Keith, registration in. All we need to know is if you require accommodation & how many for & would you like a tshirt & cap/s. If so, we'll forward you account details. :) I'll try and get back to you on Wednesday night if I can.

I'm just wrapped we're going to have 350's on the track this time. Been hassling all the 300zx Club 350 drivers as well, so we should have a decent 350 turnout, plus hopefully a few more of the Zclub 350's will race too.
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:16 pm

Sorry admins, can't edit previous post.
On the Taupo site there is a map of the track. We're using 1/2 the track Keith. 8)
http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/info.php
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:17 pm

Any last minute orders for tshirts and caps??

Tshirts = $25 each - Mens: Small to 2XL
Tshirts = $25 each - Womens fitted: Small to XL
Caps = $20 each - Adjustable, one size fits most

http://taupo2007.zclub.org.nz/merchandise.php

Send me a PM.
Cheers
Bronzee
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for all those fabulous people who have paid for their track time, spectators, tshirts/caps and accommodation thus far. :D :D 8) 8)

One person has I'm guessing made a part payment of $70 via direct credit but not given their name or reference number. :P I know the day said person has paid. Would you please pm or email me. 8)

Cheers
Bronzee
Next - Z Club events:

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:51 am

OK I now have this HUGE pile of prizes here for our track day and I just did a quick valuation on it
$1900!!!!
YAY! :D

ZCarJase

Post by ZCarJase » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:54 pm

I have just collected some prizes from Motul, which takes the total prize pool to about $2500.

Yes......$2500. WOW!
Talk to your Nissan www.blazt.biz

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:43 am

For all of you that have been asking about the 11am cruise around Taupo-ish on Saturday, here's some basic information.

Stage 1
1. Meet at the pits (car park opposite the fire station - on Lake Terrace, sort of opposite Northcroft Reserve) @ 11:00am
2. Head off down Lake Terrace and towards Lake Taupo lookout and then onto Huka Falls for a photo opportunities, for those of us that are camera happy.
(About 20 minutes of driving).
3. Stop for lunch.

Stage 2 - depending how delicate everyone is feeling. :twisted: :lol:
1. A different lunch destination to Turangi is roughly 30min each way.
2. After lunch head either back to Taupo or onto...

Stage 3
1. Head south out of Turangi and head for Mt Ruapheu up Mt Ruapheu. (Possible photo op at both The Chateau and the top of the Bruce)
2. Head back to Taupo
(The trip to Mt Ruapheu from Turangi is roughly 40min each way depending on traffic). :lol:

Agrozx kindly designed the route keeping in mind the amount of traffic as Auckland anniversary weekend is one of Taupo's busiest weekends for the entire year and there are going to be people and cars everywhere.

When we all meet up on the Saturday morning, everyone will be handed out the route and directions. Hmm, lots of cool Zed picys.

Next - Z Club events: