Meremere Drags

Ideas, past and coming events
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Re: That was one of the most fun days I have ever had:

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Brock365 wrote:I STRONGLY recomend we do this once a year. I had a hard choice though this year, between this and Big Boys Toys. Next time I say we do this we organise an evening convoy afterwards to Big Boys Toys show.
Definitely agree there!!! Think that's a great idea, along the lines of what I was thinking to head off to BBT afterwards.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Well as I was handing out the times to the drivers the quickest I spotted (when on the job - big thanks for the Clark of the Cource to also helping hand out the timing slips) was the Nissan NX with a SR20 turbo under the bonnet running slicks got a 12.03. The fastest RZ Supra was 12.30 with the other one doing a 12.33 both on the same run - very very close race. Kelvin was the fastest of the old school 240/260/280 zeds with a 13.99 on his last run for the day after doing mid 14's all day.

The two 280zx 2+2 were very close both running 16's all day. Ricky's tow car (XR6) did almost the same time his 240z with a low 15. Murray showed that his very nice looking 240z can hold its own on the track or on display :) Great to see some new to drag racing giving it a good nudge. I can't recall your name (sorry) but one red 300zx driver on his second run ever down the strip got a 13.95s pass 8)

I hope my car is going to be ready for the next meeting (won't be ready for Taupo :()

Thanks to all that run/organised the event. And Dale for doing the BBQ.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:06 am

BRONZEE wrote: I think I'm correct in saying MikeC had the best time for the zeds (mind you kind of hoped you would with 500rwkws). The fastest cars there unfortunately weren't zeds. Even some of the NA's were doing good times. Most people were having a fair bit of trouble getting traction other than the NXR,
Wellllllllllllllll - I did do a 12.62 so I guess that is better than Mikes 13.15 :D
And also most times I had the little NXR beat untill 3/4 track when the little bastard got proper grip and could use full throttle.

next time I need to run on a prepped track and may go back to the stock ECU

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:48 am

Thanks to Kelvin, Dale, Imogen, Mike, Luke and others for organising a great day. My brother and I had a blast and are also happy the cars seemed to take the pounding in their stride.

I did learn one thing though - I need more power!!!

The stock 240z seemed to be tapped out at 16.5 and the stock GTR seemed to finish up at 13.4

I have heaps of pictures and will start loading the good ones soon

PM me with your emails if you would like me to email pictures of your car to you.

Cheers

Glenn
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:57 am

One of the 300 guys took some picys that I thought you might all like to check out.

http://www.nz300zx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1694

ZCarJase

Post by ZCarJase » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am

nzeder wrote: The two 280zx 2+2 were very close both running 16's all day. Ricky's tow car (XR6) did almost the same time his 240z with a low 15. Murray showed that his very nice looking 240z can hold its own on the track or on display :) Great to see some new to drag racing giving it a good nudge. I can't recall your name (sorry) but one red 300zx driver on his second run ever down the strip got a 13.95s pass 8)
Yeah that was me. My first ever pass was 14.16 and second was 13.96. Ive never been down the strip before. My expectations were better than that, so I guess thats why the times were like they were. Had a ball, and will definately do it again. I have some mods to do before the next one though. Maybe get low 13s.

Thanks guys...I had a blazt!

Jason
Talk to your Nissan www.blazt.biz

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm

I forgot to get time off work....oh well sometimes you win some you loose some...
A few projects on the go....

stevec

Post by stevec » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:59 pm

is enyone gona post a summarey 0f times for da event? fanks

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Bunch of pics up from Nustad and Grunzter see http://www.zclub.org.nz/album_cat.php?cat_id=32

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:51 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for a kind volunteer who was at the event to write a story about it for Januarys Orient Express. If you're interested, please PM me.

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Wow, we really got a lot of really good photos of that event :D

Thanks to all those who took thier cameras and thanks to Brian and Sheryl for making my camera useful on the day.

Pest.