My Z

New to the site? Say hello here!
schift

My Z

Post by schift » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi guys,

New(ish) Z owner here! I purchased this '02 JDM Fairlady Z late last year and have added a few things since then :D

Wheels: ROTA P45R - Front: 19x9 +20 (245/35R19), Rear: 19x10 +20 (275/35R19)
Tyres: Toyo T1-R
Suspension: Eibach Pro-Kit
Intake: JWT Popcharger

I'm pretty happy with the way it is now, so I don't plan on changing/adding anything else soon.

Anyway, onto the pictures!

Last edited by schift on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Your 350 looks very tidy. 8) Is the mileage quite low/relatively low? Those wheels are quite a popular choice in the UK lately too.

Is this your first Z??

Oh, and you should get yourself along to the Wellington/Kapiti meet in March. Check in the events section. 8)

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I agree those wheels set it off perfectly :D

Your photography is nice too - so hope to see a photoshoot of her against some beautiful New Zealand scenery, or posing with other Zed owners/@ a meet :D

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

You're quite lucky, being a JDM you've not got the nasty licence plate surround that the NZ new ones do in the back, that move. Nice and clean look.

schift

Post by schift » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

BRONZEE wrote:Your 350 looks very tidy. 8) Is the mileage quite low/relatively low?
Currently sitting on 36,600kms, so yeah, quite low. It's immaculate and I intend on keeping it that way! :D
BRONZEE wrote: Is this your first Z??
Yep, first Z. I've always wanted a 240z and frequently keep a look out for them. Unfortunately these days they're either few and far between, unjustifiably expensive or rusted to bits :(
BRONZEE wrote:Oh, and you should get yourself along to the Wellington/Kapiti meet in March. Check in the events section. 8)
Will do :)
ZILVER wrote:I agree those wheels set it off perfectly

Your photography is nice too - so hope to see a photoshoot of her against some beautiful New Zealand scenery, or posing with other Zed owners/@ a meet Very Happy
Thanks mate. I think they're a big improvement over the stock 17" wheels:

I've been meaning to take a few more pics with a nice back-drop.
BRONZEE wrote:You're quite lucky, being a JDM you've not got the nasty licence plate surround that the NZ new ones do in the back, that move. Nice and clean look.
Hah, I never noticed that until now. Lucky me :P

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Your photography is nice too
I reckon excellent photography, very sharp, car almost looks animated in those birdseye shots.

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Yep, first Z. I've always wanted a 240z and frequently keep a look out for them. Unfortunately these days they're either few and far between, unjustifiably expensive or rusted to bits :(
I wouldnt call them unjustifiably expensive - any fully restored 240Z or 260Z would have had alot of money spent on it. Just the upkeep on one would be enough to make someone used to newer cars eyes water. But anyway that is a very tidy Z you have there 8)
74 260z 2+2

schift

Post by schift » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:21 am

Andy wrote:
Your photography is nice too
I reckon excellent photography, very sharp, car almost looks animated in those birdseye shots.
Hey thanks, I wouldn't call myself a photographer, but I do try and get the best shots possible with my point-n-shoot camera.
I wouldnt call them unjustifiably expensive - any fully restored 240Z or 260Z would have had alot of money spent on it. Just the upkeep on one would be enough to make someone used to newer cars eyes water. But anyway that is a very tidy Z you have there
I guess I'm just comparing them to the prices that they used to be selling for about 10 years ago (albeit, stupidly). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that 240/260zs were selling for half, or a third of the price back then.

Don't get me wrong - I can appreciate the amount of work and money gone into restoring one of these things, but whenever I consider buying one the logic in the back of my head keeps saying "Why the hell would you spend tens of thousands of dollars on an almost 40 year old car?!". But buying sports cars isn't always logical, is it? :lol: I'll get my 240z one day :)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:17 am

schift wrote:I guess I'm just comparing them to the prices that they used to be selling for about 10 years ago (albeit, stupidly). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that 240/260zs were selling for half, or a third of the price back then.

Don't get me wrong - I can appreciate the amount of work and money gone into restoring one of these things, but whenever I consider buying one the logic in the back of my head keeps saying "Why the hell would you spend tens of thousands of dollars on an almost 40 year old car?!". But buying sports cars isn't always logical, is it? :lol: I'll get my 240z one day :)
Same with any classic, Jap or otherwise, they tend to appreciate with age and scarcity. If you look at the like of Gaijin's car on here, and many others, when you see the level of restoration projects (the months of work), it's very extensive and not cheap. :shock: But they look absolutely magic when finished.

What's logic?! :P :lol:

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 am

The other factor you have to consider is that alot of guys that were in there teens when the S30 Z cars were new are now wanting them because they have the money / free time to enjoy them. I have had many older guys come up to me when i am out with the Z and tell me how they had one until the mrs made them sell it haha. The S30 is an iconic car - if you look in the states they are credited with starting the import tuning scene over there. Due to the fact that the car was never meant to last - they rust if you even look at them the wrong way and alot of them had hard lives that makes for a scarce classic car. I mean look at mustangs and Camaros for instance - they were worth bugger all in the 80s but check out prices on Trademe for them now :shock:
74 260z 2+2

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

By the way Schift, how did you find the forum?? Via dealer, or google etc???

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks mate. I think they're a big improvement over the stock 17" wheels:

Wow, great looking car and pics. The new wheels make the factory ones look so dam ugly.
All Nissans are racecars.

schift

Post by schift » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:40 pm

BRONZEE wrote:By the way Schift, how did you find the forum?? Via dealer, or google etc???
Google!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 pm

schift wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:By the way Schift, how did you find the forum?? Via dealer, or google etc???
Google!
Excellent! It's working. 8) 8)

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm

I will add to the chorus of approval for both the picture quality and the wheels.

Great stance and look - great choice. I really like it a lot.

I am sure you are enjoying as much as we do our own.

Cheers

Glenn
72 240z plus bits