Reregistration

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Rusty260

Reregistration

Post by Rusty260 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:33 pm

Hi guys

Well I have started the rebuild of my 260Z, what did the Japs use for under coat salt water???

The car has been off the road for a number of years and I was wondering what the proceedure was for getting it back in the system
Do any inspection need to be carried out on repairs or do I just turn up at the testing station and hope they don't notice?

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm

If the car has been of the road and is de-registered best to contact one of the Certifiers to find out the correct procedure/steps to take. They will inspect your car before you start - tell you what you need to fix, if you are doing the work your self they will want to inspect along the way (if might be different if the structural work is carried out by a tradesman - however they will still want to inspect I am sure but maybe only once all the structural work is complete).

Also from what I have been told getting the car back on the road will require you to prove ownership = a trail from the last register owner to you in the form of a sales receipt etc (if the car has changed hands too many times best to find out the last registered owner and contact them letting them know what you are doing and that you need a sales receipt for when the time comes...)

Hope this is of some help

Good luck on the project - good to see another Zed will return to the road someday in the future....now all I need to do is the same :)

see http://www.lvvta.org.nz/ for more info on the cert process or list of certifiers