WTB: 260z (240z) outer door handle reqd

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
andersz

WTB: 260z (240z) outer door handle reqd

Post by andersz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Outer door handle has broken, now that its nearly winter leaving the window down is not a great option. Anyone got a spare for sale? maybe one still on your donor car? Vaughan.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. If your Zed is roadworthy, minus the handle of course, get yourself along the 40th Anniversary meet this weekend. One not to be missed, masses of Zeds, and maybe if someone has a door handle if they're at the meet you can collect it there. 8)
Last edited by BRONZEE on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 pm

I purchased some new ones - so they are still available - however I have the originals still in storage but I am not sure where they are and it might take me a while to find them. PM me a fair offer = worth my time to find them.

240znz

Post by 240znz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:59 pm

As Mike said, new ones are available. Call you local dealer or order them off MSA in the US.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sat May 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Ok I found mine this weekend :) so PM me a price and address to post too and we can go from there. Nissan has different part numbers for each side but they are identical apart from the plastic clip - which can be moved from one side to the other = both the same, who knows why Nissan had two part numbers when all they needed to do was just include the clip and not install it = one part number.

240znz

Post by 240znz » Sun May 17, 2009 8:07 am

If you don't want to buy a new one, you could always swap them over as they are identical. Of course this means twice the work, but you'd be best to pull the lock mechanisms out, degrease and re-lube as the do get clugged up with dirt and a great cause of broken handle tabs (more common than you think).
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car