Yay for theives

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Pest

Yay for theives

Post by Pest » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:59 am

So, Yeah. Just had my car stolen (not the Z, thank god)

Even chased the bastards up the road in my underwear. Boy do I know how to make a scene.

So anyway, without a car I'm pretty screwed work-wise. I can work from home for a couple of days, but not for an extended period. Is there a club member out there in Theifland...I mean, Auckland, who could lend me a car for a little while??

Just until either:
1) They recover my car, decide it's too trashed to save and I have to buy a new one or
2) It's not trashed, and the insurance fixes it or
3) I never get it back, see #1.

Hoping against hope.

Pest.

Oh yeah, If you can help, please call me on 021 303019. Thanks!

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:22 am

Which one? The Pulsar or the Primera what's the reg make be we can keep an eye out. Sorry I don't have a spare car right now - too many in bits, zed, 120y and the utes needs a WOF and new clutch (plan to do this coming weekend) once this is done you could use the UTE

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:58 pm

Was the Primera. The car has been recovered, apparently they got pulled over so a) they may not have had time to strip it and b) at least one of the buggers got caught.

I'm going to inspect it tomorrow, but I wont get it back to use until the insurance company is done with it, which could be weeks.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:26 pm

That is great news :) hope all is well - I bet it was young'ns just looking for a ride home etc lazy bugger never want to get a job and earn $$ to purchase their own car they just nick your and us up your gas :(

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:55 pm

this one time at band camp, some fucker stole my car...

so i bashed him with a tuba

:)

Good to hear one got caught.
I Currently Don't own a Zed

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:31 am

Good you got it back man , i had my last car nicked after spending 4 years and alot of $$$$ on it and it just guts you aye.
But the one good thing that came out of it for me was getting my 260z ( as i was a diehard evo driver before that) now i wouldnt swap my zed for anything.

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:08 am

Inspected it yesterday, nothing damaged except the ignition barrel. They didn't even break the window to get in, they just popped it out of its rubber.

I talked to the towie that recovered it (I met him on the night, as he recovered one of the other stolen cars they had abandoned in our street) and he said they did get pulled over, about 20 minutes after he left with the subaru, so had no time to strip the car.

Funny thing is, they've left 2 pairs of shoes and their bag full of break-in tools in my passenger seat :D they wont be getting those back.

Maybe I'll sell the shoes on trademe, just to spite them.