Time to resurrect the Auckland Noggin 'n Natter?

Ideas, past and coming events
bruce

Time to resurrect the Auckland Noggin 'n Natter?

Post by bruce » Thu May 11, 2006 6:04 pm

Date: June 2006

Added by admin:
Where: Francoli's Bar & Restruant 124 Main Hwy Ellerslie Town Centre
When: 7:30pm

we always had a few keen to get together to chat over a meal, and maybe a few of the site viewers would also be interested. I would be happy to book a restaurant if enough interest, so who's keen?? What day would suit best?? Any day but Wednesday (tennis club night!) is ok for me, with a slight preference for weeknights, but I'm flexible.

what about the rest of you??? a good idea, or a bit old hat??? you poor people who live beyond the Bombays could do likewise in your area!!! :-)
Last edited by bruce on Tue May 16, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri May 12, 2006 8:49 am

I'm up for it. Any weeknight is good.

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am

Good idea in the old days it worked well. Don't book into an Indian resturant tho. :D

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu May 25, 2006 11:24 am

Great idea - I am keen :P

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:56 pm

It's June already (how time flies) shall we put a date, time and place on this sucker?

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:55 am

pick a day that suits most then we can work on the date ie I believe Bruce has something going on a Wednesday nights (tenis anyone)

So is a week night best or a weekend (we used to hold them midweek - Wednesday or Thursday leaving the weekends for normal family/social commitments)

With this in mind I surgest the following :)

Thrusday 22nd June. Now for the location (For those out side of Auckland maybe you can use this/thread to arrange a get together also) I recommend a place centralish. Anybody got any idea's I don't get out much these days :( + when business takes me OS I eat out then so when I am at home it is nice to stay in with the family - sad git I know.

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:41 pm

Thursday 22nd :mrgreen: sounds good for me!

agree with the central-ish theme, but anywhere from Takapuna to Manukau is ok by me , as long as its close to the motorway for easy access. I have suggested to the committee a place where the club used to reserve a table many many moons ago! but I need to check out whether it still exists!

and I know we don't want anything too outrageously priced, for those of us saving for our next set of tyres ..

and I can probably find a vindaloo with extra chili for mr submax :roll: :wink:

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:07 pm

Yeah, the 22nd is fine by me.

Raviz at the top end of Mt Eden rd is good?

Pest

Post by Pest » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:42 pm

OK, I've made this a calendar event. Someone wanna pick a place?

I'm partial to curry, but lets be honest, I'll eat ANYTHING so I'm an easy-please.

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:12 pm

Murray suggested Francoli's in Ellerslie, and since that is almost staggering distance for me and my mate Dale, I thought I'd run with that!

I've booked for 7:30pm on the 22nd - now how many of you are coming to dinner, apart from Murray, enzeder and pest???

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 pm

I'm going to be in Auckland next Thursday evening and would welcome the opportunity to meet some Auckland Z fanatics so I'm a starter.

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:46 pm

Book me in I will be having drink at the club at 5:30 but can make it on time. No curry.

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:45 pm

My wife will join us also.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:00 am

Yep I'm in will check with the wife to see if it is one or two....will update this post later today

Update: Make that just one for me

Pest

Post by Pest » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:I'm going to be in Auckland next Thursday evening and would welcome the opportunity to meet some Auckland Z fanatics so I'm a starter.
datto-fan, look forward to seeing you there :)