Z Club ClubNite

Ideas, past and coming events
Pest

Z Club ClubNite

Post by Pest » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 pm

When: 7:30pm 3rd August 2006
Where: South Auckland Car Club clubrooms.
What: Our monthly get-together.

This is the beginning of a monthly club gathering. Bring along your interesting Z memorabilia for a show-n-tell and enjoy the company of your fellow club members.

If you like, you can join in the committee meeting beforehand, beginning at 7pm.

Bar facilities available, also tea and coffee. A projector, video and DVD player is available if you have interesting video to show off.

Directions: 1 Great south Rd Papakura, entrance on right heading south, between the caryard and Wellington park.

See you there!
Attachments
Map to clubrooms
Map to clubrooms
api0-ZQ4N9W-1152779484526.gif (42.42 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Last edited by Pest on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZCarJase

Post by ZCarJase » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am

Wow, you have my social calendar all worked out....thanks :lol:

Thats a lot of events coming up, is there any way to post them up in cronological order to make it easier to plan for?
Talk to your Nissan www.blazt.biz

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:33 pm

They're actually in reverse order right now, I'll see what nzeder and I can do over the weekend.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:23 pm

Ill be there,

Dont forget your show and tell stuff points will be given for the best story true or not :lol:

In fact if your bullshit is believeable you may get maximum points

The judges are corrupt you have been warned :D

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:10 pm

Count me in - I hope to have my show and tell complete for the night. Some will be keen to see it (Bruce that is for you....I will bring a little silver box that you put together yourself and play with to hopefully make your zed go better :wink:)

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:59 pm

Another enjoyable night. Pics up soon.

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 pm

Pics can be found Here :arrow:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:30 pm

The Zed memobelia was really awesome and all the other bits and pieces. Cool night. Look forward to next months. :D :D

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Z Club Night 3 August 2006

The theme for our first club night was a Show and Tell.

The night started off with a committee meeting , then a quick run through future events and on to the Show and Tell.

Our judges for the night were Dale Maxwell and Mike Cartmer. Not sure if any deals had been done with the judges but both judges had indicated that they could be brought.

Mike Lucas was first cab off the rank with a demonstration of his new Mega Squirt Computer for his 260z. Look forward to seeing it installed and making big numbers on the dyno. By the way Mike it seemed like the Mega Squirt can do almost every thing like adjusting ignition and injection also monitoring temperatures etc. But I’m wondering if it can dim the interior lights for when you are parked up on a hot date.

Dave Turner was next with a piston and conrod from a customers 300zx . There were a few colourful words you could use to describe the condition of these parts but suggest you look at the photos and you will know the ones I mean. The owner of the car towed the car to Dave as the car wouldn’t start. On inspection Dave found the conrod poking out the side of the block. It makes you wonder what noises were coming from the engine before it had the starting problem.

Glenn Martin was next with a model Z and some rare Z books he had found on the internet. I would say that most of the room would have like them in there collections. It must help being a computer whiz finding all that cool stuff, will have to try to look beyond trademe.

Murray Chapman was next with some plastic discs he had made when he was porting the cylinder head on his 240z . He then went on to explain these discs have come in handy over the years when other club members have been building race engines as he could discretely measure the port size with out the owner even knowing. Watch out you have been warned.

Stuart Horn was next with a very rare fabric poster of a Works Dastun 240z rally car
and a very interesting history of the 240z that his father brought in Japan. It was the first 2.4L 240z sold in Japan. And the best thing is that the car is now owned by Stuart and is back to as new condition.

Then it was my turn, I had a gear from my gear box with a few teeth missing after a punishing time on Targa and some old Z sales brochures.

The judges judged Mike Lucas the winner, not because of his presentation but because he had imported his computer in pieces from America then taken it to Australia on a work trip and assembled it in the hotel room one night. Mike was awarded a packet of pineapple lumps which he shared with the losers.

A great night was had by all and I look forward to the next club night on September 7th at 7.00 pm.

Kelvin Healy

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 am

Great write up Kelvin. I am sure those who came had a enjoyable night, just showes a great diversity of people and frendship may it continue.
Cheers Dale