Time to resurrect the Auckland Noggin 'n Natter?

Ideas, past and coming events
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi all, thanks for making me feel so welcome. Really enjoyed the evening and putting faces to the names. Will do my best to arrange things to make the next one.

Safely back in Paraparaumu after an uneventful trip home - heavy snow around Waiouru but all the roads down Western Taupo and then through National Park had been well cleared.

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 pm

Mike I am so glad we managed to get a good bunch of us together while you were up here - and it really was just like old times, even the Z Club wives were there; Murray and Sharon, David and Janice, as well as Dee, Dale, Kelvin, ...hell it could have been a noggin and natter from twenty years ago!! has time really gone past that quickly LOL!!! and youi are still all good company. good food and wine also helped make the night enjoyable.

but we had a new face or two as well, we found out that Mr TEB (sorry I've forgotten your other name!) is another local, and an S30 driver (260Z) to boot! in fact for once the 300ZX mob were well and truly out-numbered! we might not be able to manage that again, perhaps..

and thanks to Luke and his missus for being good-natured about being jammed in (for arriving late!) despite his advance notice, we had a few late additions.

Once a month might be too often, but yes lets do it again soon! mid-August perhaps (I'm on holiday foer the early part, and I'd hate to miss out!

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks Bruce
It did feel like old times. To think we did this 20 years ago is a bit of a worry, but don't lets stop. How about once every 6 weeks, I think every 2 months is too big a gap.Also I am of the opinion we should stick to the same place the members will get to know and the resturant my get used to us. Is it to much to make it permanent date in the things we do?
Dale

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:03 pm

The good thing about Francoli's is that it is central and the food was good and they don't have a one payment table policy.

I am keen run with idea of Francoli's every 6 weeks - same night Thursday