Rusty Radiator support

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Rusty260

Rusty Radiator support

Post by Rusty260 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:50 am

Hi the radiator support in the front of my car (260Z coupe) is badly rusted and full of bog and silicone from previous half arsed repair jobs
I know that the gussets at the top of the support are available but does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get hold of second hand radiator support? It would be a whole lot easy to replace the whole lot then try to patch up the mess I have

Cheers
Tony

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:08 am

Good luck finding one that is not in the same condition - most of those that you will find (if you can these days) in a wrecker will have the same rust issues. New will be almost impossible to get as I believe Nissan got rid of the S30 tooling back in the 80's so unless there are some NOS somewhere looks like you might have 2 choices.

1. Purchase a 260z 2+2 for cheap (however getting harder to find for this reason) and use its front end (many have gone this way once a 240z was damaged on the track)

2. Fabrication - make some new bits of steel to replace the bits your require.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:02 am

Option 3.

Contact the guys at Fourways Engineering in the UK they make 240z raditor surport panels. Also talk to Dave Turner of ZSpare here in Auckland he might know were you might find one.

Here is Fourways Web address (under Zcar then parts available)
http://www.fourways-engineering.co.uk/index.html