Z33 creaking rear suspension

350Z
Solaris

Z33 creaking rear suspension

Post by Solaris » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:17 pm

This appears to be common with these cars on other forums but a solution is never listed. Symptom is a "creak creak" sound when going over speed bumps usually at fairly low speed or hitting dips in road, I have replaced both rear shocks due to a faulty one (so its not shocks) I fitted a diff brace to firm up the rear end and take pressure off the diff bushings. .lower sway bar bushings and end links have also been replaced this quietened things down a bit but the noise has become louder again with the onset of the colder weather (which makes me think it might be bushings of some nature), Neither the shock shop, Autolign nor my mechanic have been able to diagnose the problem.
If any club member has had similar experience with their Z33 or 350Z I would appreciate some feedback as I have come to the end of my limited mechanical knowledge of such things and am looking for the next direction to investigate.
Car is a 2007 Z33 HR model.

Thanks in advance.

Grunzter

Post by Grunzter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:52 pm

When I take out my Z33 this weekend, I'll keep my ears open to see if I am hearing the same, but just ignoring it.
I have a 2007 HR as well, with 166k on the clock.
All bushes including diff bushes have been replaced, along with wheel bearings etc. I'll let you know...
1981 280ZX #33 IMSA GTU Race Car
2012 Fairlady Z34 ST (For the son/wife...)
2007 Fairlady Z33 NISMO
(Sold) 1984 300ZX Z31 2+2 Turbo
(Sold) 1980 Datsun 280ZX 2+2