My 280zx

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
jp280

My 280zx

Post by jp280 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Since I've been a little more active with my car I thought I would share some pictures of what I've been throwing my money at, some of the pictures are old and not in any order :roll:
R.I.P.S inlet manifold and Greddy exhaust manifold.
Need to custom make a new engine mount.
Modern motorsport 5 stud hubs and Wilwood brakes.
Nice comfy seats although I can no longer reach the pedals.
12" width to the rear.

It's taken me 15 years to get this far so I better start getting some serious work done on it :oops:

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 am

Love it, can't wait to see it on the road :D

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Keep up the momentum!
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

gman40

Post by gman40 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Very nice and running the L28 love it.

jp280

Post by jp280 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Lately I've been having a little more of a play with some of the item's I have sitting waiting. So looking at what needs doing to mount my RB26 gearbox to my L28 I dropped the gearbox onto the top pin in the back of the engine and surprisingly all 4 bolt holes are very close to lining up but the input shaft was a little off as well. Then I decided to remove the top pin from the engine and get the input shaft in the right location first, in doing do both lower bolt holes lined up perfectly with the top two bolt holes and the pin all so close. Now I need to check to see how far it will tilt the engine and to which side, if it tilts to the left ill need to have an adapter made but if it tilts to the right it might give me the added clearance needed for my turbo etc.
I have also been working on v-mounting a radiator and intercooler, which is on hold until I have the funds to order custom coolers later in the year and my fuel rails have been tapped for fuel line fittings now ready for injectors and working out mounting them.
So a whole lot of low cost work happening to keep a little progress going :)

andy_cliff

Post by andy_cliff » Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 am

Those Equips...

:D :D :D :D

Did you happen to buy them from a fella called Jared?

Subscribed bud!

jp280

Post by jp280 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Sorry I couldn't tell you who I got them from, I think it was a company importing wheels from Japan about 5 years ago and selling them on trade me and they were a very good price :D

jp280

Post by jp280 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Little update, picked up a dry sump pump, tank and fittings. Looks like there's only one place for the pump to go (temporarily in place in the picture) as for the tank, that will have to be in the boot space and I'm not looking forward to buying all that braided hose.

Also attached to the back of the pump is a mechanical fuel pump, which I'm still deciding if I will use it as I will have to replace my brand new fuel regulator, decisions decisions.

niroshann

Post by niroshann » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 am

Interesting to see the dry sump setup. I am not sure if this is related, but Castrol just announced the below. I think it applies to cars with a dry sump. Haven't looked into it yet, but thought I might share as I am going to keep an eye on this.

Nexcel

jp280

Post by jp280 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:49 pm

So it's been nearly 4 years and my car has progressed a little further thanks to the guys at Kaizen works here in Lower Hutt. R33 rear subframe all mounted up, next up RB gearbox mounted to the L series engine and back for custom engine and gearbox mounts and that should be the last of my money gone :lol:

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 am

Very nice, I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into setting that up. Looking forward to seeing further progress on your car. Keep up the good work.
Bernie Kant
Club President

jp280

Post by jp280 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:34 pm

This week I got my gear box back, I sent in an RB box and they swapped the bell housing with a VG version machining it for the Mazworx adaptor, while they were at it they also upgraded the 3rd/4th selector fork.
Now I'm back to saving for for the next items on my list and another trip to Kaizen works.

RichardTaylor

Post by RichardTaylor » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:46 pm

jp280 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:49 pm So it's been nearly 4 years and my car has progressed a little further thanks to the guys at Kaizen works here in Lower Hutt. R33 rear subframe all mounted up, next up RB gearbox mounted to the L series engine and back for custom engine and gearbox mounts and that should be the last of my money gone :lol:

Yes, you still have a lot of work on the car body...