Catalytic Converter

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
anilpuri

Catalytic Converter

Post by anilpuri » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi guys

I have 2007 fairlady Z that requires replacing passenger side catalytic converter.

The mechanic is trying to find one through Partmaster.

Wondering if there are any other sources?

It is a 3rd gen engine with twin air flows.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:19 am

The new ones are very expensive and aftermarket It is recommended that you replace both. The other option is the get an upgrade set from Stillen in the States. My son did that for his Stagea, he fitted a 350Z set to his Stagea. Comes from the manifold back. Should give you a little more power as well. was not to badly priced at the time, just had to wait a bit to get it.
Bernie Kant
Club President

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:01 am

Was about 700ish through partmaster for a second hand one for my stagea. Nissan wanted about 1500 new. I ended up getting a pair for about 800-900 from stillen USA shipped. They were highflow cats, bolted straight up no problems.

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:06 am

Just checked there site they dont seem to be selling the ones i used, and the ones they have for sale are pretty pricey. Sure would be able to find some online somewhere.

I have something like this in my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISR-ISIS-Perfo ... SwUWtcQnWS

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:12 pm

You could try Coz in the US too. Sometimes Zilver does group shipping from the US, so if you do find something, maybe pm him, or let me know and I'll him him know.

https://conceptzperformance.com/

Would definitely do both, crazy doing only one. Then it's sorted for many years.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.