What would you do about this,

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Zedhed

What would you do about this,

Post by Zedhed » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:28 pm

In 2007 I tendered on a 85 Z31 turbo which had and engine fire.I got it going but it caught fire again(cracked injector)My next step was to take to a local auto electrican.He told me 6 weeks to fix it.7 years latter he sold the business so I went to rescue it from his shop.I had by then arranged another person to take it on.
He got wind of this and got hold of me and told me he would take it to his place and finish it there,well a year latter I got it back next step should have been a dyno tune.On getting it home I checked for spark,none checked for fuel pump operation,none.
I then got hold of the guy that I was going to let getting it going.He found a massive balls up,eg you disconnect the plug to the coil and the fuel pump starts working and the link computer hadn't had a map downloaded to it as he said he would.
He then wants me to pay him $1200 for a 7 year wait and a f..k up.
Ok Z men and ladies what would you do.????

merlin

Post by merlin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm not a lawyer so I can't help there. Maybe you could do with a shot gun and shovel.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:29 pm

I would have to ask why you left it there for 7 years in the first place.
After that why did you give it back to him.
I would say best you sit down with said chap have a discussion around the length of time and stuff up and negotiate the best deal you can. Then take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Bernie Kant
Club President

stevenewenham
Z Club Member

Post by stevenewenham » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 am

Get a statement, even in the form of an invoice, from the 2nd guy who actually fixed it, detailing the problems he found and had to fix.
Deduct the cost of fixing the cockups from the $1200 and offer to pay the balance.
If the cost to remedy the cockups is more than $1200, EXPLAIN WHY YOU WILL BE PAYING NOTHING.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah good advise. Sorry didn't realize the change of repairers. Just make sure they know what they are doing before you commit to anything.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Zedhed

Post by Zedhed » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am

I am going to do what one of you said.Get the new guy to sort it and then deduct the amount he charges me off the $1200.