low vin question

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Langer

low vin question

Post by Langer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi all.

I've recently taken ownership of a series 1 240Z that's from California. I'm going to do a full restoration. I've seen few posts about low vin. My question is what's considered low. Mine also has the original engine and 4 speed manual gearbox. Very much looking forward to stripping it down and making it all better then new again.

Langer

Post by Langer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:20 am

Mine was built 4 month 1970 and is build number 2787.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 am

So you have the model with the vents in the tailgate do you. Good luck with the build, keep us updated as to how its goes we are always interested in pictures. Sorry can't help with vin.
Bernie Kant
Club President

badhabit

Post by badhabit » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 am

If it’s LH240Z rego it’s a pretty low vin.
I Used to own it before Z’s were worth anything. Rebuilt engine and suspension at the time. Good car.
1973 240Z - NZ new - RB25det build in progress
1973 240Z - USA new - 1 owner! In the drivers seat right now. Home soon.

Langer

Post by Langer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 am

Yup has the vents in the Tail gate. And is a left hand drive.

Will definitely post pics when I figure out how to down size them. Site keeps telling me it's too large of a file

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 pm

I bought LH240Z off you bad habit and wish I never sold it! It was 18872 built January 1971 with vented boot but not the series 1 steering wheel. Good luck with the build mate.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 am

Starting to hear the "wish i had never sold" thing a bit lately. I think z owners we are in for bit of a ride. Prices will start going up. Now people are starting to look for original cars. Maybe time to bring the 240s back to standard.
Bernie Kant
Club President