Better Work Stories

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
kirihi
Z Club Member

Better Work Stories

Post by kirihi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Well, working at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand, which is currently used as a 'convention centre for Christchurch' since the 2011 earthquakes, certainly has its benefits. These are two drives that I've scored in the last couple of months:

Team Hutchinson Ford wanted to take photos of their Mustang with our Mustang (aircraft). They gave Robbie & I the keys (thinking we'd take it around the block). We headed straight for the airfield! This is the Roush edition 5.0 Mustang, 6-speed manual. The car sales staff heard us out on the tarmac, from inside the Museum; a little embarrassing, but they seemed to appreciate the fact we gave it heaps.

But, today, Jaguar have been running a 'Jaguar Activation' event; trying to sell new cars to new and existing clients. They offered me a drive in their F-Type R. I said 'oh, if you insist...'.
First run was with Ray Williams driving, then it was my turn. 0-100 in 3.5 seconds. Holy hell, it was quick! The taxiway is about 300 meters long, and I got up to 180kph before Ray (finally) told me to brake. Then the handling through the cones slalom and ABS braking - absolutely fantastic. I want one, but I don't have $180k, so I'll have to stick with the Z for now.

2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

djz

Post by djz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Nice, I like those new Mustangs. I'll get the club out to my new work for a look once the race track is fixed.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Chris it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Enjoy the benefits!

djz wrote:Nice, I like those new Mustangs. I'll get the club out to my new work for a look once the race track is fixed.
That sounds like an event in the making. Lots of newbie financial members in the south that are keen for events. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:15 am

How inconsiderate of THF and Jaguar to interrupt your work day like that.

Just hope McLaren and Ferrari don't get any ideas! If they do let me know and I'll come by and sort them out.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:19 am

djz wrote:Nice, I like those new Mustangs. I'll get the club out to my new work for a look once the race track is fixed.
Count me in!
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Where are you working DJZ; are you not 'round the corner anymore?
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

djz

Post by djz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:30 am

kirihi wrote:
Where are you working DJZ; are you not 'round the corner anymore?
Nope, changed jobs about 2 months ago, I'm working a little bit North of Waiau now and have just moved to Rangiora.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.