Need info on 240Z, Help please

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
rob240z

Need info on 240Z, Help please

Post by rob240z » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:54 pm

After owning the car for 15 years its finally time to rebuild it. Its been sitting in a partly repaired state since 1998 after it hit a parked truck. The owner at the time replaced the front from the firewall forward but has used a 260 front cut so the beam under the radiator drops down instead of running straight across. At the time it didn't worry me as it meant i could run a bigger radiator but as i've got older i'm now more interested in keeping it pretty original. So has anyone got a nose cut or a parts car that is willing to sell this area? the other option is to leave it as is but i'm wondering if it will affect the value of the car if i have to sell it one day? It is a fairly low build number 01269. the other thing is that the floors have been replaced and they look really nicely done but there's no drain holes and the seat mounts weren't put back in. So is anyone able to take some pics and measurements of where the mounts and holes go for me? or point me in the right direction for get the info? Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rob
71 240Z

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:35 pm

SAMURI is within 20 as far as chassis number. Maybe ping old_datto_fan for some of the measurements

Cheer
Mike

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:50 am

Rob,

Happy to get some measurements for you but will need to take out the seat to do so and won't have time until the weekend. I did see someone in the USA selling those seat mounts which could save you fabricating new ones. PM me your email address and I will get some measurements and photos for you. We have modified mine somewhat and put a brace through the middle of them as the metal was cracking but the original brackets are still there too.

Mike

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am

old_datto_fan wrote:Rob,
............ PM me your email address and I will get some measurements and photos for you................
Mike
Don't be shy Mike post them on here I am sure someone else will need em one day. :D

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:23 am

OK, will do. Unless someone already has a 240 in stripped condition that can easily take some measurements. I'm guessing that Rob will want both sides - luckily I have swapped the passengers race seat for a standard one as the race seat takes about 2 hours to take out and replace because of it's width!

rob240z

Post by rob240z » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Thanks guys.

Mike you were the first person i thought of contacting but i didn't want to ask you to pull your seats and carpet out. There's one around somewhere in bits that some nice person could photo and measure hopefully. I'm not in a huge hurry i wont be making a start until October and even then i still have to strip the rest of it make a rotisserie and send it off to be dip striped

Even if someone has the factory S30 body service manual there will possibly be all the details in there that could be photo copied.
71 240Z

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Just checked my body service manual and the dimensions are in there. Will scan and upload the picture later in the day (I'm meant to be working!)

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:31 pm

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:57 pm

And here is an option if you want some pre-made brackets
http://baddogparts.com/index.php?main_p ... ducts_id=5

or this one although they look the same
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:42 am

Good measuring Mike. You must be very handy with a tape measure.
Bernie Kant
Club President

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am

If only I was that skilled!

rob240z

Post by rob240z » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Awesome thanks Mike that's perfect. Might have to look in to those mounts if i cant find the ones out of it.
71 240Z