coomzie
Z Club Member

Re: Raglan Run - 22 May 2016

Post by coomzie » Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 am

Z Club wrote:Event: Raglan Run
When: Sunday 22nd May 2016
Time to meet at BP Drury Auckland: 9am
Time to meet at 10.30am Waikato: Gas station at Whatawhata
What to bring: Full tank of petrol, friends & family, a gold coin donation for our club charity - St John
Organiser: Coomzie

All groups will meet at Whatawhata at 10.30am Gas Station. From there its about ½ hr in a Z to Raglan.

It's a good run to the town and they have interesting shops and a great new Museum. We're booked a Café for lunch and after lunch we could and drive out to Manu Bay to watch the surfers (all tar seal), maybe Bridal Veil Falls on the way back (off the Hamilton/Raglan Rd on to the Kawhia Rd) could be a good spot to stop with a thermos of tea. Short walk to look at the falls.

Booking the 25 or so travellers in to the Marlin Café for lunch at around 12:30pm. It’s the one at the end of Bow St (main st) over-looking the harbour and there is parking across the rd by the harbour side or in the sealed car-park outside so we can keep an eye on the cars. People can wander off and look at the shops, walk over the bridge to the domain or drive.

There maybe more details added closer to the time.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 am

My thanks to Colin for his work in organising this event. I would just like to my 2 cents in in regards to the poster re: non zeds. As a club we have always welcomed non zed cars to our runs. This is a decision made at committee level if you have feelings regards these sorts of arrangements please speak to the committee. You can do this by attending committee meetings or by an email to one of the committee members. We welcome members input.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun May 15, 2016 10:45 am

Marker wrote:There is no harm in meeting in Hams and driving out to Whata Whata in a small group.
Although I am struggling to see the point of a Zed owners club when you can bring any car you want :shock:
I am out now anyway sorry.

Have a great trip :)
Also we have many people with project Zeds that aren't road worthy yet, so of course they're welcome to come along in whatever they like and there has been some very interesting cars that club members have rolled up that we've all enjoyed having a close look at. It's all about being inclusive & those that may love the marque, but may not have one, as much that have a Z and love it to bits.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun May 15, 2016 10:47 am

coomzie wrote:hi guys, we meet at the whatawhata gas station / pub at whatawhata at the time posted in the events forum. how you get there and with who is up to you. Correct me if i am wrong Committee, but everyone with cars taking part will need to be a club member. this is not a 'text' free for all event.
Also, the Marlin Cafe was by the wharf and sadly is no more. The ORCA Cafe at the end of the Main St is expecting a Z Car group for lunch about 12.30/1.00.
the cars should be OK parked outside and is handy enough if people want to wander around and look at shops and so on.
Thats all i know but if you have any questions please email coomzie@clear.net.nz or ph 075604595 or 021874310 - see you there Coomzie
Changed the first post with the cafe details for you. :)
Next - Z Club events:

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Sun May 15, 2016 11:45 am

I will be meeting adam in dinsdale before we meet in whatawhata either way. If any one would like a ride with me i have a spare seat if you don't want to resort to taking your dayley driver😊
Shame about the marlin cafe thankyou coomzie for organizing this event look forward to it 😊

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 am

Looking forward to this, unfortunately the weather is not going to be great but hopefully not to bad. Will have to give the car a big clean up later.
Bernie Kant
Club President

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Sun May 22, 2016 8:55 am

Beautiful day in the Waikato :)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun May 22, 2016 5:35 pm

fome dome wrote:Beautiful day in the Waikato :)
Haha, pity the beautiful didn't hang around until we all descended. Great day, awesome to catch up with everyone, and there were still a few cars at the end for photos at the campgrounds. :D 8)

Huge thanks to Coomzie for organising a fantastic day out, and most enjoyable drive once off SH1. :D

I got split up from everyone behind some slooooww cars, did you drive back via Ngaruawahia?
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun May 22, 2016 6:17 pm

A few photos up on the club FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/ZClubNZ/
Next - Z Club events:

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Mon May 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Very enjoyable day out with like minded Z enthusiasts good opportunity to take the car for a spin :D
Weather wasn't the best especially going back over the Divy but hey cant control that.