Matt & Z34: Long time lurker

New to the site? Say hello here!
Supafly

Matt & Z34: Long time lurker

Post by Supafly » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey guys,

Just a quick intro. Have browsed the forums and classifieds on and off for what must be around 10 years now since I first was interested in buying a 240Z.
I finally imported my first Z about a year ago, a 2009 Fairlady Z Sports Model from Japan - a bit younger than the 240Z I originally had my eyes on !

Came in bone stock, and I've since imported a few bits from the states for it and have done the majority of work myself. I may post up a quick build thread at some stage.
I've toyed with selling the Z recently as some of you may have seen it on Trademe, but there is very little interest.

Anyway, am looking forward to attending a few events and hearing more from the Z34 guys.
Do excuse the average photo!

Matt
Attachments
20150611_185817 (Large).jpg
20150611_185817 (Large).jpg (296.79 KiB) Viewed 2585 times

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Good for you. looks like a very nice car. Is it manual or Auto? You will get lots of enjoyment out of it.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your lurking has paid off. Nice looking Z34. 8) If you're in Auckland or within range, come along to Caffeine & Classics on the 27th.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Supafly

Post by Supafly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Cheers guys. Yes it's the 6-Speed manual inc syncro rev-match transmission.

RE: meet on the 27th - Is that this month ?
I'll be on holiday over the xmas break but would have otherwise been keen to join.

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Nice! i really like that syncro rev match feature. can't imagine getting any other transmission other than manual when it comes to sports cars. Also those wheels.. hmmm.. Works?

Daytonablue

Post by Daytonablue » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 am

Looks like a wicked car! Hopefully ill get to see it in person :)

Supafly

Post by Supafly » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:50 am

NISMO33 wrote:Nice! i really like that syncro rev match feature. can't imagine getting any other transmission other than manual when it comes to sports cars. Also those wheels.. hmmm.. Works?
Cheers, yeah after watching a few videos of the Z's in the states with that trans, I decided solely on the Sports 6-Speed.
Sounds pretty wicked with an exotic exhaust too - I've got the Motordyne E370 exhaust, ART pipes and Stillen headers.
Yeah they're Work Zeast ST-1's , 20" front and rear - I had to run a 20mm spacer on the rear as it's the lowest offset they'd do (Z's have mammoth guards!)

I'll pop up a quick build thread today and maybe populate it with some better photos this weekend.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Supafly wrote:Cheers guys. Yes it's the 6-Speed manual inc syncro rev-match transmission.

RE: meet on the 27th - Is that this month ?
I'll be on holiday over the xmas break but would have otherwise been keen to join.
Certinly is.
http://zclub.nz/viewtopic.php?t=4074

Look forward to seeing more pics of your Zed.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.