Akaroa Cruise & Catch-up - Sunday 7 June 2015

Ideas, past and coming events
netrover

Post by netrover » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Good to catch up with the crew again. Akaroa is always a good destination, with a good mix of straight roads, corners and hills.

Good to meet James and Patrick.

Next catchup in Spring.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks for the great day out guys, was nice to meet you and have a drool over all the nice 350z

Next time I hope to be a bit more sorted and have the car looking a bit sharper

How did George get on ? He get home ok ?
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

Zeddex

Post by Zeddex » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 am

Yup yup got home all good, with less smoke haha. Taken the day off today to see if I can suss the problem. Not looking too flash but hey what can ya do. Hopefully I can make it the whole way next time
1991 TT Gun Metal Grey 300zx

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks to all that turned up for the get-together yesterday - it was great to see the 'usual suspects' and nice to have a couple of new-comers along too! The weather was kind to us, and there wasn't too much traffic (quite a few cars pulled over to let us pass anyway!).

Well done to James for putting his Z31 back together the night before, and sorry to see George's beautiful new Z32 smoking away at Little River - I hope you get it sorted OK. Sorry you couldn't make it Luxo; we did wait at Wigram for a while, but needed to get on the road by about 10.30am - it would have been good to see you and the new red beast.

$20 collected for our club charity, St. John; will put the money through as soon as I have an account number.

Next catch-up/event in spring - any ideas welcome!

Cheers,
Chris
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:46 pm

was a good run. thanks Chris for organising. that jet at Wigram doing its stunts was brilliant.

enjoyed the run both there and back. gota love the friendly people moving aside on those twisty roads.

hope the Z is all good George.

did Gunmetal make it back with his gas or is he still stuck out there somewhere feeding the cows.

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 pm

I managed to convince the cows to buy Z's haha nah we just made it back had to she it real easy on the way back but that's okay
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Croquet anyone?

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 pm

So my mate the race Marshall at ruapuna has told me that if we can get 12 cars signed up by Monday then we can run the Z's apart from the rest of te cars by ourselves for $100 each on July 25th.. If we can't make the deadline we can still have us running alone sometime in September or October for $100 as well anyone interested?
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:08 pm

im already signed up for the 25th.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I'll be away, but thanks anyway.

andy_cliff

Post by andy_cliff » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Gunmetal Z wrote:So my mate the race Marshall at ruapuna has told me that if we can get 12 cars signed up by Monday then we can run the Z's apart from the rest of te cars by ourselves for $100 each on July 25th.. If we can't make the deadline we can still have us running alone sometime in September or October for $100 as well anyone interested?
Can I bring my Kart? :wink: :lol:

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:56 am

Sorry I couldn't make it guys! Caught wind last minute that friends from the UK were in queenstown for the weekend so plans changed. Hope it was a great day and i look forward to the next one.
2005 350Z ST money pit.

LethalDuck

Post by LethalDuck » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Bugger. Missed this. So when's the next one?