New member needs help with Restoration

New to the site? Say hello here!
Muzzym

New member needs help with Restoration

Post by Muzzym » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi all
I have recently been reunited with my Z which was stolen outside of storage pending its transfer to myself by a career crim. Luckily as it is a Z I found it on the net and informed the police and after a long process it is now back with me but not before a wannabe owner has left it to bits!. It has been in storage for about 20 years so I have owned it from pretty much new. However, it is rusty even after being inside and not good condition. Now I need the experts in the club to let me know what I can do to it and how much effort it would take to restore it back to prime and also use trusted people whist in their care. I am based in Wellington and the car is not movable apart from trailer.

There are plenty of photos posted in FB so message me and I can send a link. I cannot yet post links in these forums (need 5 posts!)

I have rejoined the Z club after many years absent of driving and appreciation of the car and it wasn't until it was stolen that I realise these are pretty rare these days. I'm looking forward to your responses and any help what so ever.

Thanks
Attachments
10698577_10202870818831509_8896840573641590347_n.jpg
10698577_10202870818831509_8896840573641590347_n.jpg (44.41 KiB) Viewed 3585 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Welcome to the forum Muzzy. That's so lucky you got her back. Good luck with the tidy up.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Muzzym,

Great to have the car back in Wellington. I've sent you an email and hope some of us local Z enthusiasts can help you.

hurtle

Post by hurtle » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Muzzym,
Firstly, it's great you have got your car back, secondly, I have just bought a 240z, also in need of restoration and like old Datto Fan, I'm on the Kapiti Coast.
There is tons of stuff available for these cars, mostly from the states, but it may be that if we need the same parts, we could reduce some of the shipping costs, by bringing them in at the same time.
Just a thought.

asyado

Post by asyado » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi all,
Mike, is this the same crime guy I had recent problems with, is this the car in question.

Hi there muzzym, welcome to the forum. Great to see ya got your wheels back. Rarity of Z's is now a bonus for us all, as it is virtually impossible to part them out within New Zealand, without a Z member getting a sniff of it, unless parts are sold oversea's.

The only guy I know of down in Wellington is Don McLean, who also drives a Z. I'm not sure if he's into full resto's, but he is a great engine mechanic. Did some good work on my mates 240Z he had a few years ago, before then selling it.

If ya need any advise I can pass on, I'd be more than happy to cruize down from the Wairarapa in me Z.
My cell ph is 027 513 4460 or 06 379 6959. Only time to reach me week days is between 5pm - 7pm, other than weekends, anytime after 11am.

Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Same guy Nigel.

Muzzym

Post by Muzzym » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks all and finding some time to study up what to do next. Might take the offers up on all your expertise in the next few weeks! CheersM

knorrieyiv

Post by knorrieyiv » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Muzzym
Thank goodness you got her back looks great.
And welcome, you will find the people on this site very very helpful.