Suspension query for my 260z 2+2

Answer to most of the common technical questions
ShionC

Suspension query for my 260z 2+2

Post by ShionC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am

Hi everyone

I would very much appreciate some advice on this as I have done my research and am pretty sure its ok but would love some confirmation from some gurus in this area.

I am looking to purchase the ground control coil over kit along with some tokico shocks and section the strut casing to allow for more adjustability than 2.5in that the completed kits allow.

The questions I would like to confirm are.

1. I have read that the old MR2 rear shocks can be used in the front and the 240z front shocks in the rear. With the 260z strut casing being fatter, I have been told that some sort of o-ring will have to be installed in the inside of strut to stop the shocks from moving around. Would this pose any issues compliance wise?

2. Would it be a lot easier to order a completed kit than going through the modification? I believe Ground Control and Techno Toy Tuning sells these. By easier I am talking of would I save much for the hassle of ordering each components separately?

I am a little hesitant as the last thing I want to do is order the wrong parts and pay expensive shipping from the sates. Any advice or help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

asyado

Post by asyado » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey there,
the only advise I would give, if uncertain of compliance of certain parts, is to go see someone who vin's vehicles and ask their opinion as to what parts would straight away comply and what extra documentation would be required if parts were assembled up from different components. As any welding these days needs to be completed by a certified, ticketed welder. This is why, if a Nissan part can be used, the less hassle generally in compliance.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!