Servicing intervals?

350Z
NISMO33

Servicing intervals?

Post by NISMO33 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:37 pm

So my car is in need of a service soon. I first had one done last year since owning her couple months after picking the car up from the car yard.

Since the last service, I had replaced spark plugs to NGK Iridium, transmission, differential and engine oils and oil filter changed all @ 75,548kms. I would like to know, now that the car has ticked over 84,000Kms and is due for another what else needs to be changed?

According to the list from the last service it was noted by the mechanic that the AC belt showed a few cracks as well as the power steering belt which needed to be replaced soon. Also mentioned was sway bar links and bushes as well needed replacing (specificaly talking about the 'F/lower arm rear bushes') and quoted me a possible $600 replacement *cheepers*

I will be going out of town for the snow end of this month so I would like to have the car ready before then, or is it best to have it serviced after the trip? what are your recommendations on this? knowing the belts need replacing and showed cracks, I'm kind of hesitant to take the car for that long of a drive :?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm

NISMO33 wrote:So my car is in need of a service soon. I first had one done last year since owning her couple months after picking the car up from the car yard.

Since the last service, I had replaced spark plugs to NGK Iridium, transmission, differential and engine oils and oil filter changed all @ 75,548kms. I would like to know, now that the car has ticked over 84,000Kms and is due for another what else needs to be changed?

According to the list from the last service it was noted by the mechanic that the AC belt showed a few cracks as well as the power steering belt which needed to be replaced soon. Also mentioned was sway bar links and bushes as well needed replacing (specificaly talking about the 'F/lower arm rear bushes') and quoted me a possible $600 replacement *cheepers*

I will be going out of town for the snow end of this month so I would like to have the car ready before then, or is it best to have it serviced after the trip? what are your recommendations on this? knowing the belts need replacing and showed cracks, I'm kind of hesitant to take the car for that long of a drive :?
Personally if it were me, I'd make sure everything is tip top before taking the car on a long drive. Snow is really only 3 hours away.

I'd say by now that your car is probably on at least it's 2 or 3rd battery or more, if not, would definitely change that. From brand new the Nissan installed batteries usually croke at 80k. Also important to make sure that the battery fits in the slot properly given they run on super heavy duty batteries, sometimes when you put the black plastic battery clipped lid back on, if not properly aligned or the battery is too big the clips won't clip.

Nissan recommend that our 350's be serviced every 10k. If you trawl back through some of the Z33 tecky posts, you'll see one where I've posted the service info page, pretty sure the 80k one is on here. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 pm

BRONZEE wrote:I'd say by now that your car is probably on at least it's 2 or 3rd battery or more, if not, would definitely change that. From brand new the Nissan installed batteries usually croke at 80k. Also important to make sure that the battery fits in the slot properly given they run on super heavy duty batteries, sometimes when you put the black plastic battery clipped lid back on, if not properly aligned or the battery is too big the clips won't clip.

Nissan recommend that our 350's be serviced every 10k. If you trawl back through some of the Z33 tecky posts, you'll see one where I've posted the service info page, pretty sure the 80k one is on here. 8)
Surprisingly, it's still the original Nissan battery, I remember the AA guy who did the pre-purchase inspection was quite surprised it had not been replaced and it checked out well with voltage.

And thanks for the direction, I'll look through the pages to find that post on servicing! cheers. Hopefully everything I need to know and list down is there.