Fairlady Roadster - is it a Zed?

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
bruce

Fairlady Roadster - is it a Zed?

Post by bruce » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:10 pm

Fairlady (Japan) = Z (elsewhere), so is the roadster a Zed???

being the stirrer that I am, and with a soft spot for the ragtop (having owned one that now lives in Mr Turners shed collecting new bits, to emerge any decade now ...) I'd say yes ..

..and its prettier than the ZXs, for a start, so there! and eminently collectable.

so what do the rest of you think??

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:24 pm

I like them too, would love to have one, along with a number of other Datsuns (like how about the CSP311 aka the first Silvia only 1300 ish made). But not a Zed, sorry Bruce I have to disagree re the Zed comment. However you can't deny that the Zed was created from the new sports car in the Datsun line up the SP310/SP311 however with the world at the time looking at the safety issues with open top sports cars hence the Zed's tin top design.

240znz

Post by 240znz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 pm

Aw hell Bruce!

Not a Zed? Well not in the pure sense of the word. In my book they stopped making zeds when they moved away from the straight 6. Shame really because a RB in a zed is a wonderful idea to me. They had the engien but didn't want to use it......ho hum.

I wouldn't mind one though or at least a good thrash around Ruapuna in a track "Hardtop" verison anyway. That would be fun wouldn't it?

James
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car