Taupo Classic 2WD Rally

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Andy
Site Admin

Taupo Classic 2WD Rally

Post by Andy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

This is coming up and is so popular they are running it twice this year. It has got to be some of the best value Tarmac Rally time you can buy and Taupo is probably the only sealed track where you can truly test a tarmac rally car and driver.

Your car should comply with Schedule A but does not need to be road registered.

Details are here http://www.classicrally.org.nz/

Baker93 kicked arse last time this was run, we're going back with bigger kicking boots on this time.

We do actually need a couple of Race Mechanics as we are running two cars so wont have time for self servicing if one of them breaks. So if you are a quick thinker, who has read "A Thousand Uses for Cable Ties", can argue with a self opinionated driver and able to sleep upright in a service vehicle, you're probably our man....or woman, or one of them anyway. Seriously the motel accommodation is free, so is the food and drink and so is the hourly rate.

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:56 pm

I could be a starter, the terms sound acceptable
I can also hold an orange umbrella (does anyone a have one or 3 from the Taupo track day :D ) over the drivers, formula one style, to keep the sun off, but I won't wear the mini skirt or high heels.
I have particular skills in kicking tires, scratch my head and shrugging shoulders. Deadly with a can of CRC and a roll of duct tape, and have a black belt in cable tie automotive engineering as taught by the Baker93 university of motor racing :D
Last edited by Greensheep on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Greensheep wrote: but I won't wear the mini skirt on high heels.
Can we negotiate on this exclusion, we were kinda hoping.....

limezed

Post by limezed » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Good luck Andy and Ant.

Give it heaps, show them what old can do. (Car that is, not drivers)😄

kiwi303

Post by kiwi303 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Both times while I am working... now if it had been in June instead in the down time!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm

limezed wrote:Good luck Andy and Ant.

Give it heaps, show them what old can do. (Car that is, not drivers)😄
Thanks limezed, we are ready for action, having to remember extra tyres this time, Baker 93 prefers slicks and spends the first few laps rendering perfectly pristine and legal dot rated tyres, tread free.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 pm

We returned unscathed and partially successful, 1st in category, 1st overall Classic for Baker93, unfortunately even tho I had a sizzling 1st stage, winning classic and beating Baker93 :-) should I repeat that?, I had a DNF in stage 4 after knocking the lift pump fuse out of its socket, and not having had a starter motor since beginning stage 3 we were stranded on the last lap.

Baker93 managed to put some extra K's on the tripmeter as we tore some Dunlop softs to the canvas and added some unusual pirouettes that I couldn't find in the route book. This dropped us down the overall placings, but despite the delays we were still king of the classics. It was a pleasure to sit next to Baker93 as he built up speed and bravado during stage 3, I'm kinda pleased now I don't let him drive in Targa as we don't have gravel traps and a lot of run off space!

Feeling good about the car despite the stoppages, just wearing stuff out and now need to build up or replace the parts inventory.

Thanks to big sam for crewing, eagle eyed and quick on the spanners.
Attachments
media.jpg
media.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 1949 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Well done guys! Great to see our Zedders achieving, especially in our old school Zeds.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

limezed

Post by limezed » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:50 pm

Nice one lads!!!

Now you have a taste for it you can grab a class win in Targa.