TAUPO TRACK DAY weekend!! YEAH!! - Saturday 14 February 2015

Ideas, past and coming events
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:25 pm

bernjean wrote: I would also like to thank our fellow committee members. Everybody did their job well and it all add up to very successful event.

Thanks to those that took part in the Marshaling. This is bit of a thankless task, although a very important job at these events. again my thanks.
Yes, it truly is a joint effort by committee, please feel free to pop along and help organise for next year and those that stand out on Marshall points also have my thanks.

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Andy wrote:
The pretend sparring on the the track and the trash talk off the track was great fun.

We didn't intend to run the timing at an accuracy level of 1 second but we had misplaced the correct software. :-( The upside of timing accuracy to 1 second is that almost everyone's a winner! Sorry there were 4 Z32 first places!.
The Z32 class was very competitive :lol:
Thanks to everyone who organized or helped it was a fantastic event
To those interested in wear and tear, I was running ventus road tyres (yes hard rubber/plastic road tyres) hard to tell if I wore any tread off the tyres, I suspect they have actually gained rubber from all rubber Andy was laying down
I did boil the brake fluid, but due to my one 49 second lap, yes i was one of the 4 way tie for first place in the Z32s, my prize was brake fluid, so cost here is neutral :D
That leaves fuel, yes I chewed through half a tank of fuel, but I lost count of the laps
The reason I lost count is as the day wore on the opportunities to get out on the track became more frequent to the point where having just having finish a set of 6 laps Bernie would wave me in to the next line up and back out on to the track you would go( and I loved every minute and every lap of it)

Fair warning to my fellow Z32ers, I plan to turn up next year with slightly better tyres (I might spend 5 maybe as high as $10 per tyre more) and bleed the brakes, and look out 48 seconds here I come :lol:
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

lostsoul

Post by lostsoul » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 am

Greensheep wrote:Fair warning to my fellow Z32ers, I plan to turn up next year with slightly better tyres (I might spend 5 maybe as high as $10 per tyre more) and bleed the brakes, and look out 48 seconds here I come :lol:
Still won't do you any good because I "W-I-L-L" make next year ... hopefully with all the 500+rwkw, big brakes and soft semi-slick tyres :twisted: :wink:

mikec(nz)
Z Club Member

Post by mikec(nz) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:53 pm

The gauntlet is laid down, I will be back next year too (year number 11 I think), I too will be bringing nearly 500RWKW, big brakes and full slicks. But pretty proud of my 45 with only 250rwhp and semi slicks in the Datsun, certainly got to drive it hard to get a good time, but a lot of fun.

But seriously another well run day, a guy I invited who was a track virgin had a great time (even better once he switch his electronic stability off) and there was a lot of praise for the event.

Congrats to all the winners and the organisers and big congrats to Alan for taking out the trophy - which I have my sights set on for next year, so you might have to turn your boost up.

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Boy there's a lot of boosting going on, my poor little NA will need all the help it can get next year, I might push the boat out and lighten it, by removing the space saver :lol:
Look forward to seeing these fire breathing monsters next year :D
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

limezed

Post by limezed » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:42 pm

250rwhp, Luxury. My 45s was with only 175 olden days horses. And those good old drum brakes.

Next year I too will be back. Probably with the same number of horses but another 12 months of experience. Hopefully that makes up for the 370 less kW.

Hey mike, bring the 240k again. It ist so rough on gearboxes and diffs.

Love the early trash talk. :D

Pest

Post by Pest » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 am