Hi Back after 23 Years { Zeppie )

New to the site? Say hello here!
Zeppie
Z Club Member

Hi Back after 23 Years { Zeppie )

Post by Zeppie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Joined the Z Club originally back in 1992. Then had a 280ZX 2+2. Bought this car off a guy in Glendene, and showed it many times from 1992 till I sold the Zed in 1998. This car had a great history, being the first Japanese car to be excepted into a masters event, placed 4th overall at the Ellerslie Intermaque Concours D' Elegance in 1990. Had NZ Classic Car Magazine publish an article on the 280ZX in July 1998, just before I sold it. In 1998 I purchased also a 1986 Z31, also showed at Ellerslie Intermaque Concours , Taupo Race day and Z day Drags. Bought a 1989 Z32 in 1999, which I owned and used as a daily runner for 12 years. Had been without a Zed for a couple of years, and by chance, my son Daniel had just sold his mint Subaru RKS, to a guy flying up from Palmeston North,on a Saturday morning late in November when we spotted a 350Z for sale in Manukau. The rest I think you can guess, yes now the owner of my 4th Zed, a wine red 350Z which was displayed last Sunday at the Galaxy of cars, with the Z Club. Yes I am the granddad of Z owners, but its good to be back. The car is being displayed this weekend at the Ellerslie Intermaque 2015. Thanks also for a warm welcome by club members on Sunday. You may think, why the attachment to Z's. Well back in 1973, my Uncle was Service Manager for the Datsun Dealership in Newmarket. He invited me down to see a 240Z and a 120Y SSS that had been bought into the dealership for sale. That's when the Zed became my passion to own one day. When I can figure out how to upload some photos, I will

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:59 am

Welcome back!! It was fantastic to see you back in the Interlargos Fire baby at Western Springs, since you're last outing at Galaxy was it 5 or 6 years ago? Anyway, the latest Z acquisition is gorgeous!
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am

Was great to see you on Sunday. Come to Taupo for the Track day. No need to track your car just a real interesting day for visitors who have a real interest in Z's
Bernie Kant
Club President

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 pm

I agree that 350 of your was stunning I can see why you bought it
It's always a good day when you drive a Z