Targa South Island

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:51 pm

saw SAMURI parked up amongst all the other cars this morning. didnt see Andys although it may have been under the tent.
quite impressive seeing all the exotic cars together.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Car all sorted. Had sucked a washer thru a carb. Should have double checked everything was tight before we left home! Took head off, removed offending remains and running sweet. Peter at Kennelly Cams was a fantastic help.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm

How are all of our Targa'ites going??!!
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 pm

Everyone is still going at the end of day today. Andy going OK and Allan has some diff seal issues that they were going to look at tonight. I haven't caught up with the 350Zs and the 380Z that are in the main event but I think I saw them all arrive at the end of day service.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:11 am

old_datto_fan wrote:Everyone is still going at the end of day today. Andy going OK and Allan has some diff seal issues that they were going to look at tonight. I haven't caught up with the 350Zs and the 380Z that are in the main event but I think I saw them all arrive at the end of day service.
Allan will know how the 380 is going. They're pretty seasoned campaigners for Targa now.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 pm

All the 240Zs in both the Targa main event and the Tour plus the 380Z are running OK and looking forward to the last day tomorrow. Weather gods have been kind to us so far and we have avoided the rain although it has been close by and we did experience some hail briefly this afternoon. The Tour did some laps around Highlands Park this afternoon and what a fantastic place. After the laps we visited the museum and to see everything in here properly you need a few hours. We also visited the Richardson Truck Museum in Invercargill last night and that is worth a visit too.

I haven't been this far south for 20 plus years and I had forgotten how fantastic the scenery is around the Queenstown/Cromwell area. I'm going to need to come back for another visit!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Back home safe, no result for us, flat spotted the only set of tyres that was cut correctly, no real Federal accessible equipment available being so far from base, lost time through event, suspension was too hard with new shocks and old hard springs.
Lacked drive on last two days to chase.
Crew had a ball, most damage to car was removing from trailer.
Engine pulling like a train, still need homework on suspension, tyres and brakes.
Driver needs cocaine or equivalent to drive crazy fast like other nutters.
Highlight stages Chch Hills, Dunedin Hills, Crown Range and Queenstown/Glenorchy (15th overall in stage time)

Kaikoura beautiful town on way home.
Old Ford Transit Coach makes good donkey.
Highlands Park is 100% perfectly presented, clean like a McDonalds Restaurant, no oil stains and abandoned cut cable ties, felt guilty running through the gravel to avoid rotating Triumph.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Andy wrote: Highlight stages Chch Hills, Dunedin Hills, Crown Range and Queenstown/Glenorchy (15th overall in stage time)
It must have been a blast on the summit road/Port Hills! I was keen to come and have a look on Labour Day, but the weather didn't play ball.
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 am

kirihi wrote: It must have been a blast on the summit road/Port Hills! I was keen to come and have a look on Labour Day, but the weather didn't play ball.
This is the Targa Field running through prologue 1 (before cars and drivers start eliminating themselves) http://youtu.be/VAsH_4mnpcs particularly well driven car at around 22minutes :-)