insurance

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
loadedtoad

insurance

Post by loadedtoad » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:57 pm

yer its that time of year again when you get that little letter telling you there`ve slashed the value of your car by half and doubled your premium.ass holes ! and every year go through the same rigmirole of geting it revauled by some one with an IQ above 2. well madam, the wheel nuts are worth more than that! the book says......feck !!!!! does every one go through this or is there an easy sensible solution to this madness

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Pioneer Auto Insurance - you need to use a broker to get to them, but real prices with real premiums and real excess - John Rae, an insurance broker friend of a friend, used them because he could insure his T-bucket at real world prices.

http://www.pioneerinsurance.co.nz/default.htm
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm

They offer real good deals, but have a couple conditions like a max km per year and named drivers.
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

skat

Post by skat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:23 am

i can thoroughly recommend john Rae insurance. I have been with them for over 2 years and they've got me insured with pioneer. They've always managed to get me real good deals. I don't know why but when i rang the insurance companies myself, half of them refused to insure me (under 25) and the other half gave me ridiculous quotes. however thru an agent the quotes were much cheaper.

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:42 am

Yea brokers are great , i insure the 260 and my daily driver for a great price and much better service than dealing with a big insurance company.They were awesome when my car got stolen , they didnt treat me like a number. 8)
74 260z 2+2

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 pm

I know that its been some time that this subject has been posted but a word of warning. I run a panel shop and have done work for Pioneer Insurance. I have no problems with the work they have sent to me, they pay money required to do a good job, and pay on time, but we have priced quite a bit of work which we have never seen back, I don't know what happens to it but my guess is that they are really strick and will turn claims done whenever possible. This is a guess only don't quote me. Remember they insure a lot of high risk drivers, ie young people with cars that go far to fast for them. 1 +1 = 2, you can't change that, there is a reason why other insurers are not interested in these folk. Make sure you are straight up with them, disclose all your cars information, don't give them a reason to turn your claim down. The work that has gone through has had no hicups, the ones that haven't have had problems. All this of course applies to all Insurance companies.
Bernie Kant
Club President

skat

Post by skat » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:12 am

Thanks for that bernjean. I know some of these companies will use anything they can find against you to refuse a claim. I am insured through pioneer and im 23 (most companies turned me down) so after reading your post, i called up my insurance agent and made sure each and every little mod was noted in my policy. I have heard of cases where claims were refused over things like coilovers, wheel spacers and tints that are too dark. The best idea is to make sure your mods are legal and certed and that your insurance company has made a note of it.