370 z exhaust

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
seejay

370 z exhaust

Post by seejay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi.
Can any one tell me if the XForce exhaust system has a nice sound to it as I am thinking about one for my 2013 z. I don't want rip snorting loud but I do want the car to sound like a 330 hp V6. I have been looking at various systems and the XForce seems reasonable for the price..
Any ideas'..Seejay

schift

Post by schift » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:28 pm

I've had one of my 350z for almost 5 years now and I really like it. I've always felt that it sounds how the Z should have come from factory. Everyone I've met thinks it's tasteful too.

Can't say I've heard the 370z one in person, but it sounds very similar from the video clips (maybe a bit quieter even)
2002 Nissan Fairlady Z

seejay

Post by seejay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for that. I had a Rage exhaust on my 350 from Autobend on the South Island but the droning got to me after a while. I just want to get a nice sound without excessive noise but then again I don't want nanna quiet. The XForce seems good VFM :)

bluefish

Post by bluefish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 am

Hi Seejay,

Did you ever sort out your exhaust? Particularly interested in upgrading my stock exhuast (primarily for the sound). The XForce Exhaust looks pretty good (just did some research).

Cheers,

J

seejay

Post by seejay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 am

Hello Bluefish.
I am just in the process of getting a quote for a Stillen cat back system from City Nissan. The quote from redline performance in Auckland will be about $1800 fitted for the Xforce. Like you I dont want boy racer loud or even more power but just a better sound. so watch this space. P.s will be overseas for ten days..

seejay

Post by seejay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 pm

I have had a quote for the Stillen system form City Nissan @ $ 2750.00 fitted and the XForce is $1700.00 fitted,so its a grand cheaper. All the reviews I have seen on XForce are positive,so I will mull it over..

bluefish

Post by bluefish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Yikes, that is a big difference in price between the two. Maybe I will wait and let you be the Guinea Pig ;)

From a purely aesthetics point of view, I prefer the XForce as it looks closer to stock. From what I have seen with the Stillen exhaust, the tips stick out quite a bit (and tbh look a bit ricer-ish).

seejay

Post by seejay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 pm

ok i'll be your guinea pig. I also have heard that the still and tips stick out a long way and look a bit silly, i think i'll probably go with XFORCE . I have heard it on youtube and it sounds a nice system. and i'll save myself a grand in to the bargain

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:19 pm

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart ... 59.160.247

For those prices you can get some serious systems from overseas, don't just settle on brands that only the local Nissan shop stocks! :p

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Stillen is quality and awesome sounding USA/kiwi man backed. Ricer implies cheap nasty "Chinese made" junk thats more show than go. The XForce brand comes out of Australia, but is in fact a basic/budget quality system manufactured in China.
I'd recommend researching about the likelihood of droning on the Z.