Roadkill

350Z
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

netrover wrote:Got my car back today. Looks ok to my untrained eye!

Also picked up some leftover paint to disguise the inevitable stone chips that are bound to appear.

How long to wait before applying wax to it?
They usually recommend a month after fresh paint. When had mine resprayed couple of years ago, was done that afternoon when I got the car back as I had a show (Galaxy) the next day, as the paint shop friends that painted said in their professional opinion it would be okay. Go gently with application. :wink:

Should just require a wash and gentle dry before applying pre-wax, and wax, for those that follow proper detailing processes. As it's new paint won't require a swirl remover application before the pre-wax. Very important not to making circular motions when applying or removing wax or any product or drying (for those that hand dry) for that matter, and make sure the applicators and microfibre cloths are pristinely clean. But that's detailer in me talking. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 am

Cure time for two pack products is 10 days, but basically as it is baked in an oven you can polish straight away. The rest of the process just releases the gases from the paint. What you can't do is put large decals on the paint till its fully cured because the gases create air bubbles under the plastic.
Bernie Kant
Club President

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 am

Cure time for two pack products is 10 days, but basically as it is baked in an oven you can polish straight away. The rest of the process just releases the gases from the paint. What you can't do is put large decals on the paint till its fully cured because the gases create air bubbles under the plastic.
Bernie Kant
Club President