ecu ideas

300ZX
martysauce

Post by martysauce » Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 pm

So if I was to go and buy any link storm I could wire it in or get it wired into my car? Oh by the way I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Amberley on Sunday on the cruze we drove past I really wished my car was ready awesome 280 you have

djz

Post by djz » Fri May 30, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks man. Yeap any Storm will work as long as it's a wire in not a plug in. Link might even have what they call an "Adaptalink" for the Z32 which is a short loom that plugs into your original loom so you don't have to fully rewire the motor.

If the ECU plug is the same as an RB one it would be really easy, might just have to swap a couple of pins around.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri May 30, 2014 7:07 am

martysauce wrote:So if I was to go and buy any link storm I could wire it in or get it wired into my car? Oh by the way I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Amberley on Sunday on the cruze we drove past I really wished my car was ready awesome 280 you have
You should have stopped and said 'hi'! Were you in the red 350Z that went past?
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:53 am

Hi
Yep DJZ has got it. Storm ECU allow 4 injector drivers and has loads of features and I/Os. Extreme has 8 injector drivers and loads more features (which you may or may not use) and heaps of I/Os
Your choice whether or not you batch fire, split batch fire or sequentially inject. If you go the Storm route or any other ECU with only 4 drivers you have already made half the decision.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Fri May 30, 2014 5:47 pm

kirihi wrote:
martysauce wrote:So if I was to go and buy any link storm I could wire it in or get it wired into my car? Oh by the way I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Amberley on Sunday on the cruze we drove past I really wished my car was ready awesome 280 you have
You should have stopped and said 'hi'! Were you in the red 350Z that went past?
na we were in a black familiar gtx.we were going to stop but had to go build a real pain in the arse shed .wish we could have tagged along

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Nzefi said they make plug in for the z32 and can dyno tune it to but they will have to fix up the mess of wiring my old mechanic left for me while installing the mapecu2 he sold me

lostsoul

Post by lostsoul » Sat May 31, 2014 9:59 am

There is a PnP G4 Link edu for the z32 ... I am currently using the RB32 version and is doing the job very well.

Just came off the Dyno with 490rwkw's ... @ this level though you should really go the G4 Xtream way.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat May 31, 2014 1:25 pm

490rwkw wow ! im going for around 400. what have you done to the car to get it there. iv had a rebuild with forged pistons 3'' exhaust (i m pretty sure), a k and n pod filter a electronic boost controler thats set at 15 psi but im wanting 20 or 22 two tial bov's and just brought some hks 740 cc injectors oh it has a piggy back ecu called mapecu2 but i dont trust it cos my car runs like a pile of shit hence why i wont to change it

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat May 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Might be easier to ask what he hasn't done. This has been a work in progress for a long time.

Could you bring her along to the night trial next month, even to the start if you can't join us for the event, want to have a look see how she's evolved.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

lostsoul

Post by lostsoul » Sat May 31, 2014 1:49 pm

martysauce wrote:490rwkw wow ! im going for around 400. what have you done to the car to get it there.
Not finished yet ... will most likely get to 520ish. After the Crankcase and Water Injection control issues are sorted.

Basic engine details are forged/balanced bottom end, heavily ported heads with std. valves, 274'/9.31mm lift CAMS, GT3071r Turbos, 800cc Top-feed Injectors, Std. but heavily ported Exhaust Manifolds, 3" tapered Downpipes to 3" exhaust ... 2.5" intake kit and of cause water injection.

A more detailed list of stuff done is here: http://www.300zx.co.nz/phpBB2/garage.ph ... icle&CID=5
martysauce wrote:iv had a rebuild with forged pistons 3'' exhaust (i m pretty sure), a k and n pod filter a electronic boost controler thats set at 15 psi but im wanting 20 or 22 two tial bov's and just brought some hks 740 cc injectors oh it has a piggy back ecu called mapecu2 but i dont trust it cos my car runs like a pile of shit hence why i wont to change it
What Turbo's do you have ? ... the get 400kw on 20-22psi you will need min GT2860's ... 400kw has been achieved with smaller but had to be pushed HARD.

Definitely go the G4, easy to fit and easy to tune ( by someone who knows what they are doing of course )

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat May 31, 2014 1:55 pm

ah i have the standard turbos but been rebuilt and new bearings i think they are called 360 degree bearings which doesnt make much sense to me but is ment to make the factory turbos good for 25psi or so not sure how true that is tho

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat May 31, 2014 1:57 pm

is a gt2860 a t28?

lostsoul

Post by lostsoul » Sat May 31, 2014 2:16 pm

martysauce wrote:is a gt2860 a t28?
Yes T28, but T28 covers a few different sizes ranging from, in order GT2560, GT2860, GT2860RS, GT2871 ( 3 different trims for these ) and GT2876.

The std. Turbos are a T2/T25 Hybrid and will not get to 400rwkw ... and won't make anymore power after about 17-18psi, because of the small size they generate tooo much heat.

Realistically you will be looking at about 270rwkw with std. manual Turbos, the Auto ones are slightly smaller again.

Most likely not you wanted to hear :(

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat May 31, 2014 2:43 pm

haha yea not really considering my one used to be auto. but oh well i kinda just wont it back on the road. but it will get there eventual il be doing the turbos next time the engines out