Targa North Island (Rotorua)

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Well done Andy. Both Kevin in the Z32 and ourselves completed the Tour with no dramas. Lots of fun in the fog yesterday morning, it's scary trying to drive a stage with 50m of visibility!

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon May 19, 2014 8:23 pm

And for those of you who watched The Crowd Goes Wild tonight you would haver seen a certain 240Z right in front of the Isuzu Diesel Ute that Chris and Hayley were driving. We were also in a couple of other shots but you had to be quick to spot them.

Hopefully there will be a bit more tomorrow night as we spent a bit of time in front of the ute and also a couple of stages a car or two behind it. Chris was a very good driver and I had trouble believing how well he got the ute going - shows the difference between the latest technology with all the electronic driver aids and some 40 year old manual everything. Maybe I should have bought a ute instead of spending all that money on the Z!!! Hayley was pretty good too but not quite the same pace as Chris.

I even got interviewed by Hayley while we were standing by the side of the road just south of Whitianga at 7.00am on Saturday. Somehow doubt that will screen as given that they spent all weekend filming, that results in only 2 slots of 2 minutes so a lot of what they did would be edited out.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:Lots of fun in the fog yesterday morning, it's scary trying to drive a stage with 50m of visibility!
Fun is not the word I would choose, I was bricking it! Not a happy stage for us.

Buster

Post by Buster » Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:I even got interviewed by Hayley while we were standing by the side of the road just south of Whitianga at 7.00am on Saturday. Somehow doubt that will screen as given that they spent all weekend filming, that results in only 2 slots of 2 minutes so a lot of what they did would be edited out.
Looks like it got edited 'in' Mike.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Yes, they must have been desperate! Would rather have seen more action shots!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Well done Mike, they love the Zeds! A wee bit more action would be good but it was always gonna be more comedy than competition. We're only serious when we're behind the wheel.

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri May 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Haley to Mike: 'Your car is the best looking car on this tour'

Boom!
Michael
---------
1973 240Z (running)
1957 Austin A35 (in bits)

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri May 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Yes, I got that several times from Hayley and team plus a few others. I have to agree - and I'm only slightly biased.

Great picture of Andy's 240z in the latest Classic Car mag too.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat May 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Apparently that was heavily edited, she originally said best looking driver.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sat May 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeah,right!