Canterbury Cruise - Arthur's Pass

Ideas, past and coming events
B101

Post by B101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 am

Luxo wrote:I've seen a red 260 or 280z driving around Christchurch, looks and sounds awesome! I'd love to see it up close at a meet!
might be my one, dont know how many red 240z are around. where did you see it?

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Few months back mid day on a weekday in the city centre, and again where main south road turns to Riccarton road. Driving both times.
2005 350Z ST money pit.

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Luxo wrote:Few months back mid day on a weekday in the city centre, and again where main south road turns to Riccarton road. Driving both times.
i dont think i can remember that far back haha, might of been going through town and checking out all the emty sites getting prepped up for the rebuild.

if it was that car in the pick then it must of been me. so gutted i missed out on the ride over the weekend. we need to organise another meet ASAP!
Attachments
240z.jpg
240z.jpg (19.62 KiB) Viewed 1312 times

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

I'd say that's the one, I'd remember the rear better though haha. The one I saw was quite loud too. Defiantly need another meet.
2005 350Z ST money pit.

djz

Post by djz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Not too soon, I have to get a Z driveable first.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm

djz wrote:Not too soon, I have to get a Z driveable first.
DJZ what have you been doing with your toys?

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Luxo wrote:I'd say that's the one, I'd remember the rear better though haha. The one I saw was quite loud too. Defiantly need another meet.
Yea she isn't the most stealth zed around. New headers I have fabbed up is sounding pretty good. Still not 100% happy though

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

kirihi wrote:
DKNWSZX wrote:That's the one thing I'm jealous about the south island...., the roads. Hope you enjoy tripping over A/P its a great road and made even better by being in a Zed.
Thanks! Yes, it's a great drive in just about any car, but especially in a Z. :-)
My sister an brother in law reside in ChCh and I can vow for the arther's pass road as we did our honeymoon in the SI for 16 days was great as my wife had never been past Taupo. Arthur's pass was super fun in our 1500cc Nissan Sunny, yes had to have a Nissan as our rental car. Considering it was only a 1.5L I have to admit it did still have some boggie :). Like one of the members on here suggests..., all Nissans are race cars
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.