Wellington/Manawatu - Chris Amon Exhibition/Shannon Car Show

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Wellington/Manawatu - Chris Amon Exhibition/Shannon Car Show

Post by Z Club » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:03 pm

When: Sunday 9th February 2014
What: Visit to Chris Amon Motor Racing Days Exhibition at Bulls Museum then on to the "Super Cheap Auto" Spectacular Car Show at Shannon

Meeting at: Paraparaumu at 9.00am in the Coastlands Car Park closest to the railway station.
Depart at 9.15am to travel together to Bulls, expecting to arrive by 10.30am.
Then on to Shannon expecting to arrive about 12.30pm.

Things to bring: A gold coin, for our clubs charity St Johns.

Further details here:
http://www.classiccar.co.nz/news-7900/c ... exhibition
http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2014/super ... ua/shannon

Contact Mike (old_datto_fan) if you want any further info.

iammortos

Post by iammortos » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Im in Levin on the Sat, so on the drive home on Sunday I might be able to pop past and catch up with you all! will print the map and hope for the best!

Have fun all!

Cheers,
Zac

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:03 pm

A great day was had. The museum wasn't open when we got there but a phone call soon sorted that out. Well worth a look if you are into old race stuff, lots of interesting info about Chris's career.
Then on to Shannon and the usual eclectic mix of vehicles of all ages and brands - Ferraris to Minis and a few Z's for good measure.
Attachments
IMG_0616_800x600.JPG
IMG_0616_800x600.JPG (99.5 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
IMG_0605_800x600.JPG
IMG_0605_800x600.JPG (113.57 KiB) Viewed 1296 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Really cool pics! Sounds like you had a great time. Who does the yellow 280 belong to?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Yellow 280 is David - kapiticaper on the forum and he has attended a few of our events now. Very tidy car.
We also had 2 new people today, Andrew and Linda (SpiceZ) in the silver 350Z and Steve and Wendy in the red 240Z.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:56 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:Yellow 280 is David - kapiticaper on the forum and he has attended a few of our events now. Very tidy car.
We also had 2 new people today, Andrew and Linda (SpiceZ) in the silver 350Z and Steve and Wendy in the red 240Z.
Great to have a few more 280's around the club, there aren't that many in comparison.

Welcome to the newbies. Come along to Taupo next weekend if you can, it's a fantastic whole weekend.
Next - Z Club events:

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Don't worry, I have been twisting arms today as much as possible!

I also got approached by a lady who has a 74 Fairlady Z for sale (red, manual, 2 litre, power windows etc) - I will be getting some more details in the next few days and will try to get to see it on Wednesday - she is keen for a Z enthusiast to buy it so has agreed to letting me load details on here before she considers TradeMe. Some one has told her it is worth $20K so it will be interesting to see how good it is. More details later. Just as well I'm not allowed another one!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 pm

old_datto_fan wrote:Don't worry, I have been twisting arms today as much as possible!
If you're reading this newbies, you're very welcome to join us for the event. Don't forget to register if tracking or lunching with us. 8)

old_datto_fan wrote:Just as well I'm not allowed another one!
You really do live up to your nickname! :P :lol: :P :lol: Kapitikollector. :lol:
Next - Z Club events: