Not quite a Z. Try a G? Andy from Christchurch

New to the site? Say hello here!
andy_cliff

Not quite a Z. Try a G? Andy from Christchurch

Post by andy_cliff » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi there guys. Im Andy from Christchurch (Rangiora to be exact).

I know it isnt a Z so really i shouldn't be posting here...BUT it is a G35 (just the bigger "luxury" 4 seater version of the 350z)
Anyway heres some photos of what they are incase someone was unaware of what they are.

Details:

2003 Nissan Skyline 350gt (Infiniti G35 coupe)
VQ35de (the same as the 350z but with a resonator)
210 kW (286 PS; 282 hp) slightly lower than the Z and slightly heavier also.

Anyway, this is the same as my stock body G. I will create a build thread as i have the intention of running a VQ30DET turbo setup and
add the usual upgrades of the motordyne spacer kit, coilovers, vossen wheels etc too.

Quite a few of the parts from the 350z are transferrable to the G also. Coilovers, brakes etc are all compatible which is a nice bonus!

So yeah, hi !

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Nice clean engine bay. 8) It's still got a Nissan badge and almost the same running gear, so welcome along. We're all car enthusiasts, so I'm sure the Canterbury crew would be pleased to have you join them for their next event.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 am

All good , thats close enough. Its the Z's little brother. Enjoy.
Bernie Kant
Club President

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:28 am

bernjean wrote:All good , thats close enough. Its the Z's little brother. Enjoy.
Don't you mean big sister as it has a back seat and longer wheel base but just the same with a different skin/face/look aka bit of make up on ;)

andy_cliff

Post by andy_cliff » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 pm

BRONZEE wrote:Nice clean engine bay. 8) It's still got a Nissan badge and almost the same running gear, so welcome along. We're all car enthusiasts, so I'm sure the Canterbury crew would be pleased to have you join them for their next event.
Cheers :P I hope to catch up with them all at some stage. I will atleast have new shoes on the car by then i expect.
bernjean wrote:All good , thats close enough. Its the Z's little brother. Enjoy.
Haha thanks. Shouldn't it be the bigger fatter brother? Seeing as it is a 4 seater and weighs a little more?
nzeder wrote:
Don't you mean big sister as it has a back seat and longer wheel base but just the same with a different skin/face/look aka bit of make up on ;)
Hahaha.

How can you deny this ass though?!

:)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 pm

andy_cliff wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:Nice clean engine bay. 8) It's still got a Nissan badge and almost the same running gear, so welcome along. We're all car enthusiasts, so I'm sure the Canterbury crew would be pleased to have you join them for their next event.
Cheers :P I hope to catch up with them all at some stage. I will atleast have new shoes on the car by then i expect.
Stock G shoes are pretty good anyway. Nice and easy to clean with the spoke structure.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

kiwi303

Post by kiwi303 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:21 pm

You just got the ZX 2+2 instead of the Z :D lol