New old guy

New to the site? Say hello here!
jp280

New old guy

Post by jp280 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Hey Guys

Been away from any car forums for a while now, my car is a 2 seater 280zx which has had no work done to it in the last few years and i thought about selling it a few times but cant let it go.
I plan to wide body the car which was started but the car is now worse then when it was started (long story), im sticking with the L28 engine.
Hopefully one day ill finish it :lol:
Maybe the fact that im here is a start.

Jeremy.
Attachments
new wheels 13.JPG
new wheels 13.JPG (320.56 KiB) Viewed 4583 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Like all good things, they take time. How long have you had your Zed for?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Excellent! Your car already looks cool - lots of potential there! Loving the JDM deep dish wheels. It's a keeper and looking forward to seeing the evolution.
72 240z plus bits

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. From another O.G.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

jp280

Post by jp280 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Cheers guys,

BRONZEE - ive had the car for about 13 years and it hasnt been on the road (except trailered) in 12 years.

nustad - the wheels have been a big part of my project and the reason for the wide body decision, the 12" rears almost fit under the guards but 10"s on the front had no chance.

I plan to sell off some of the parts i have extra through change of mind and try find some of the parts that have been lost along the way, in the new year.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 am

Yip get it done. Perfect weather for it now. Sun and no wind always makes me feel like getting in to my projects. Would you match car color to motor or contrast it, hope you know what I'm on about.
All Nissans are racecars.

jp280

Post by jp280 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:14 pm

No wind? I live in Wellington lol.
The willingness has returned but the money has not.
As for colour, it will be a contrasting colour, not sure what colour yet as that's a long way off :lol:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 am

Pity you missed out on the Welly meet the other week. You might want to cruise along to the next event in your daily. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

jp280

Post by jp280 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Haha, Im actually pretty bad when it comes to cars, my daily driver is a GTiR with a decent list of mods, 260kw at all 4 and I decided I dont drive it enough and have put it in storage.
Might have to use my partners car or the work truck lol.

kicker

Post by kicker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 am

Hi there
By chance I think I have been reading some old posts of yours about using a diesel bellhousing with later model gearboxes.
Would be keen to pick your brain on it, I have just picked up one and it definitely has the 62mm bearing.

jp280

Post by jp280 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Not a problem at all, i think i still have all the parts for mine in my parents garrage, my dad used to rebuild gearboxes for a living so i can ask him anything you need to know.

Ive now decided to use a RB box.

waidez
Z Club Member

Post by waidez » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Looks very cool. Keep us posted on your progress!