Passenger Window Motor

350Z
nismoracer

Passenger Window Motor

Post by nismoracer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 am

Can anyone advise of a good place to source a new passenger window motor from at a reasonable price?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Maybe Pick a Part or a local wrecker, although having said that, anything 350 just about walks out as soon as a car arrives. http://pickapart.co.nz
Failing that a Nissan dealer.

If you do get one from a wrecker, make sure it's off a low mileage one given that the window motors are known for not being the strongest. Partially due to be a frameless door.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Interesting that I have had window winder issues on each of the last 3 Nissans I have owned (M35 Stagea, Cefiro and Bluebird). Each time it was the mechanism that failed rather than the motor and each one was the passenger window which in my case gets minimal usage. Maybe it is another form of built-in obsolesence!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 pm

ps, It's usually just because the glass is slightly of track or the bushes need a good clean, then should be back to business as usual. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:

nismoracer

Post by nismoracer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 pm

thanks guys - its at the auto sparkys today for some other work as well as the window...can get brand new for $550 inc GST or one on Ebay for $157USD...yeah whats with it being the passneger window that is hardly ever used??

bugjuice

Post by bugjuice » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:14 pm

nismoracer wrote:thanks guys - its at the auto sparkys today for some other work as well as the window...can get brand new for $550 inc GST or one on Ebay for $157USD...yeah whats with it being the passneger window that is hardly ever used??
yeah, I was just going to suggest an overseas source.. Even Oz would probably have better luck and not take too long..

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 pm

This seems to be a common issue from what I've read on international forums. So I ponder that the window may just seize given the lack of use? (It may just need a bit of clean and grease) I'd follow through with Bronzees suggestion to inspect/clean the bushes. A motor wouldn't just burn out due to lack of use!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Have a chat to my friend overseas that I've told you about before. 8) I would most definitely suss out those bushes properly first. Most that have given the bushes a solid clean don't have issues with them again.

If you want to check out pricing, find the appropriate part number from this site, http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-parts ... c-714.html and phone Nissan to compare with what your Auto Sparky has given you. If that's the installed price, that's okay. Getting the door card off only takes 5 minutes, cleaning bushes doesn't take all that long.

My S15 had bad window motors too, all within warranty from brand new though, so was just swapped out.
Next - Z Club events:

nismoracer

Post by nismoracer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 pm

well got her back from the auto sparky and he tells me its definitely the motor that needs replacing...the $550 price is mates rates from Nissan so will have to check out e-bay Australia I thinks...thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.