Running leads around the front of the motor

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
Pedey

Running leads around the front of the motor

Post by Pedey » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have experience with running your leads around the front of the motor, as opposed to over the top in factory fashion, like so:

Seems a very common thing to do, wondering if anyone had the lengths needed written down somewhere and an idea as to how the leads are secured?

Thanks in advance!

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm

I will be doing this also. As far as I know I have been told to use small cable ties that match the colour of your leads. Wouldnt know the length at the moment since they will be making them to suit at there workshop.

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 pm

But for your setup I'd suggest these
Clamps Image

Be more what your looking for

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Pedey wrote:Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have experience with running your leads around the front of the motor, as opposed to over the top in factory fashion, like so:

Seems a very common thing to do, wondering if anyone had the lengths needed written down somewhere and an idea as to how the leads are secured?

Thanks in advance!
I have boxes of new Top Gun leads of various lengths you can use as testers until you buy some prettier leads.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Get some tubing and push it on to end of spark plug then run it around and hold your finger beside correct socket on cap. Now lay that tubing on top of tape measure and look at where your finger is for measurement. Continue with the others and bingo, your done.
All Nissans are racecars.

Pedey

Post by Pedey » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 am

ZMAD wrote:Get some tubing and push it on to end of spark plug then run it around and hold your finger beside correct socket on cap. Now lay that tubing on top of tape measure and look at where your finger is for measurement. Continue with the others and bingo, your done.
Great idea! Thanks!