350z audio installing

350Z
Fung

350z audio installing

Post by Fung » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi, guys- I have a problem- have opened the front doors but cannot put the trim harness back on. Does anyone know how to put them back on.
http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php ... re_Routing
If you dont know the what I meant by the trim harness please look at the link.

Thanks

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 am

Ive done it all before, send me a photo of whats got you stuck

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Even better, post the pic on here, and share the help here, builds the knowledge within the club. 8) 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Fung

Post by Fung » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:35 am

audio:

I need help with wiring colour guide- something like this but this doesnt match to the car.

Audio
Radio 12v
yellow
+
radio harness

Radio Ground (chassis)
Radio Ignition lt. green + radio harness
Radio Illumination red/blue + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on green/yellow + radio harness
Power Antenna green/white + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- blue/red - black/white +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- yellow/red - red/white +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- lt. green/red - black/yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- blue/orange - black/pink +,- radio harness

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 pm

I spent hours trying to find a wiring diagram that matched what was in the car, nothing came close to matching. I Had the bose system, biggest pain in the ass system ever known to me. Re wired the speakers and sent them straight to the amp, rest of the wires went to the adapter to the head unit. Was much easier running new speaker wires than to try match it all up with the factory Sh!t. If you have bose rip it all out, run new wires. Happy days. Otherwise the stock non bose system should be easy enough to integrate with and just upgrade the speakers

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm interested to know why the Bose is rubbish and needs ripping out. It's only an audio system and not rocket science. There are tricks to the trade to figure out wiring and setups. Knowledge goes a long way. I would imagine there is a separate multi-channel amp hidden somewhere. Does the Bose headunit have speaker outputs? Is there a signal being sent to a separate amp? Sub? Any help required just ask the Club.
All Nissans are racecars.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:57 pm

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php ... kage_2.jpg

Found this picture/diagram easily and it says it all. Sounds like a system most couldn't afford. Repairs to the original system will ensure your car is worth more in future instead of butchering wiring and losing all the original parts.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:03 pm

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/images/th ... kage_1.jpg

Another part I missed due to dial up speed at moment.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:58 am

In answer to ZMAD, the Bose especially in the earlier model 350's left speaker is known to be problematic and CD's jump too at times. Can't say I've had any problems, touch wood with the left speaker in my Z though, quality of sound is still good.

is a whole sub-forum in the UK devoted to sorting out your sounds.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/27-ice-electronics/
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm

There is a speaker amp in the boot behind where the antenna is, the sub amp is beside the sub. You can't run aftermarket head unit with bose amps (at the very least, not recommended ).

If you take the speaker out you will see that its very similar to the standard cheap paper cone speaker. Listen to your Bose and then listen to an aftermarket system that hasn't been bought from repco etc and you will see just how average Bose is. If your not convinced there are thousands of people on bigger z forums that would say the same, as well a few f bombs and what not about how Bose is just an image.

Also,

The factory wiring can remain un butchered, in place,

You run a new cable for each speaker along the same line and wire direct to your new speaker.

The factory wiring is way too small and under rated for most aftermarket amplifiers, you will get better sound, more power to your speaker and reduce the risk of melting the tiny dental floss spec factory cable. Properly installed Bose is simply unplugged and not tampered with. End of story :)

Fung

Post by Fung » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

I absolutely agree with OMSIN- the best upgrade you can do to a 350z is probably the audio.

To Omsin- Just wondering which speakers, subs are you using.

Thanks for all advise will let you guys know if needed any other help.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 pm

I just have Infinity Kappa components run off a 4ch Rockford fosgate amp, and a cheapo JBL 10inch sub in the factory mount which I sealed with expanding foam and covered in dynamat to turn it into an actually enclosure.

I have a 1600w 12inch sub in a shortened box to fit in the boot when I feel like making lots of noise :p

Will eventually get Rockford fosgate or Focal components with a 10inch Rockford fosgate power series subwoofer. Currently don't drive the car enough to warrant spending too much more on the system yet, still have to get new mags, tint, intake and install the exhaust I'm currently waiting for to arrive from the states.

If your ever nearby I can show you my setup and how it goes, best advice would be to sound deaden the rear speakers and sub location, everything behind the seats is just bare metal and plastic with holes all over the place

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Info says Bose use a Digital amp so are there fibre optic cables running to the amps. Factory Sub is slightly larger than standard and is only low power.

Fung

Post by Fung » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Nice- this is my every day ride- and using the bose system's it sounds a bit weak. Maybe sometime later this month-Im going to install my audio and if I need help will ask you questions :D

For the sound deadening do you use something like http://www.hyperdrive.co.nz/product/acc ... 634/detail
or is it the spray one?

Im using a solo baric L7 10 inch with a fusion, with a audison av k6 components not sure which amps im using and dont think will change the rear speakers
Do you change the rear speakers- which one do you use?

Let me know which focal your interested Im a regular customer in Italy and he sells focal.

By the way were you the one who was selling the bose's system on trademe?

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm

I sealed off the passenger side of the cavity where the sub sits by using expanding foam (fills large gaps easily) then covered over top of the foam with dynamat, takes a lot of work to put it in nicely. To protect the seat belt mechanism and the belt I covered it in glad wrap and then put a bit of foam around the crevices and again covered in dynamat (glad wrap stops everything sticking to the moving parts). Once its sealed up the subwoofer can now produce a much nicer sound. Rear speakers are not quick to replace, you need to remove a lot of trim. Due to the speakers being right behind your head I suggest moving the balance forward by 3 or 4 on the head unit. Yes that was I on trademe