New 2008 350z

New to the site? Say hello here!
mal.d

New 2008 350z

Post by mal.d » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2008 350z (Japanese import). Drove it back to Gisborne from Wellington a couple of weekends ago and had a ball. The power and handling was everything I had hoped for and thats after driving the same route many times in my Subaru GT Legacy wagon. However I would like to make a couple modifications, such as adding some sound deadening to the boot area and tracking down an annoying rattle that has developed in the rear of the car. (No doubt a question for the forum archives)

My wife and I own a number of cars including a 1971 Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior.

I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the Zclub.

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Congratulations on your Z!
Indeed the rattles go hand in hand with the 350Z haha :D

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 pm

mal.d wrote:Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2008 350z (Japanese import). Drove it back to Gisborne from Wellington a couple of weekends ago and had a ball. The power and handling was everything I had hoped for and thats after driving the same route many times in my Subaru GT Legacy wagon. However I would like to make a couple modifications, such as adding some sound deadening to the boot area and tracking down an annoying rattle that has developed in the rear of the car. (No doubt a question for the forum archives)

My wife and I own a number of cars including a 1971 Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior.

I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the Zclub.
Gosh, all these 350's coming out of the wood work today. Very cool! 8) Hope you're enjoying the HR.

Rattling in the rear can be a few things. Make sure the tool kit & jack properly strapped velcro strapped down and the spare wheel are proper bolted down. Some hatches rattle, pretty sure if you have a look through our forum here we've discussed it in the 350 tech area before.

As for sound deadening, that will most likely be down to your tyres. What tyres are you running? Extra sound deadening is heavy weight in the car.

Too far up to join us for the Bay of Plenty weekend? Nice excuse to take the new pride and joy for another long drive.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. Great choice on the HR engine/car! Good luck with that rattle. My HR has sound deadening in the back but, as the previous owner installed it, I'm not sure how much difference it has made (although he said it made a big difference). Enjoy your Z - is it manual/auto, any pics?

Chris.
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast