NZ NEW 350z

350Z
marxxx

NZ NEW 350z

Post by marxxx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Hey Guys

Had done alot of googling but cant find out what the difference are between the NZ 350z Track/Touring Spec and the JDM Track/Touring spec ones. Looks like the NZ news come standard with LSD but they dont have a power/snow mod on the auto transmission like the JDM ones? Also are the engines tuned differently on the NZ Z's to run on lower octane? Only reason why I ask as the NZ new atuo touring spec one I tested dosnt seem as quick as the JDM basic auto spec one.

Cheers

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am

marxxx wrote:Had done alot of googling but cant find out what the difference are between the NZ 350z Track/Touring Spec and the JDM Track/Touring spec ones. Looks like the NZ news come standard with LSD but they dont have a power/snow mod on the auto transmission like the JDM ones? Also are the engines tuned differently on the NZ Z's to run on lower octane? Only reason why I ask as the NZ new auto touring spec one I tested dosnt seem as quick as the JDM basic auto spec one.
Welcome to the forum Marxxx,
NZ new Track and Touring spec, really not a lot. Depends which year you're talking as well. The older 2003-2005, basically, Brembo callipers on the Manual Track, but having said that, there are a few Tiptronics floating around that had Brembo's from the factory, only 2005 though.

All NZ new's had leather seats, and the track were supposed to have an extra under engine cover, but a number of the tiptronics do to.

Yes they did come standard with LSD, and no power/snow button, that's definitely a JDM thing. All 350's are tuned to run on 98 octane. Any lower octane than that, and especially if someone admits to having run there's on 95 or less, I'd walk away fast, especially with the older 350's. Will cause knocking, and kill the knock sensor, incidentally not particularly cheap to replace.

If it felt sluggish, probably needs a thorough service, maybe more. Just keep test driving till you find one that's right. Would get an AA test done too, they usually unearth a few things that may not be obvious.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 pm

In addition to Bronzee, I have this saved on my computer, don't know if it's helpful (or completely verified for that matter) or not :)

JDM Specs

Base---17" wheels, ABS,Brake assist,TCS,limited slip diff,xenon headlights

Version T---- leather seats, seven speaker bose

Version S-- 18" rims Brembo's and VDc(instead of TCS ? )but no leather

Version ST--leather +Version S spec

Features:

-> 180 kp/h max speed
-> auto roll-up window
-> no fog light
-> square number plate
-> wing mirrors fold-in when locking car
-> wing mirrors dip down when selecting reverse
-> optional xenons (but no headlamp washer)
-> optional brembos
-> Key Fob unlocks the boot
-> Different Badge on the boot.
-> Snow/power button on tiptronic

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm

NZ new's in addition to what I have already put:
  • * the anti-theft windows (never put it to the test myself)
    * 260km speedo - not speed limited
    * came brand new with 3 sets of keys (including the red valet key)
    * NZ had the less fluffy, smooth finish grey thread 350z embroidered carpets
    * Earlier model 350's Touring came with 17's & Track came with 18's.
    * Later model 350's have heated wing mirrors

With the Japan new, they had a number of options offered to them brand new, that unfortunately we were never offered here new. So there often variations within what a model would normally be.
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 pm

I read that the 05 anniversary editions have a 7,000 redline being the REV up engine and all but my rev meter cuts out at 6,600.

Mine was sold to me as an anniversary model with the leather seats, Brembo's, 7 speaker Bose system, 6 speed manual and even has the bronze side "z" badges but the only thing that matters to me is the speedo is still the same as a standard z... what the hell?

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:18 pm

OMSIN wrote:I read that the 05 anniversary editions have a 7,000 redline being the REV up engine and all but my rev meter cuts out at 6,600.

Mine was sold to me as an anniversary model with the leather seats, Brembo's, 7 speaker Bose system, 6 speed manual and even has the bronze side "z" badges but the only thing that matters to me is the speedo is still the same as a standard z... what the hell?
You're correct with the 35th ann. models having a 7000rpm, it could indicate that your Z isn't one :(
The leather seats,brembos, speakers, and 6 speed (I don't know about the badges) do come with the others too so it can't be a full indicator of 35th anniversary but the wheels are from the 35th/facelift models.

However, you're probably better off with the non-revup and not have to deal with oil consumption issues like I do hahah :D

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Its not the typical silver colour, which would lead me to believe its one of the anniversary ltd edition colours. Its also faster than the 2003 z I owned for 5 weeks :p who knows.. will have to meet up one day and do some test driving ;)

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Unfortunately not all of us in NZ are lucky enough to get 98 octane. Best we can get in southland is 95, no gull stations so no E10 either... Think these guys have covered all the major points of difference.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:05 am

S13 Silvia wrote:Unfortunately not all of us in NZ are lucky enough to get 98 octane. Best we can get in southland is 95, no gull stations so no E10 either...
We forget that sometimes, being up this end of the isle.
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Taryon wrote:
....you're probably better off with the non-revup and not have to deal with oil consumption issues like I do hahah :D
How bad is the oil consumption? I just checked mine and its sitting just above the L line, its only been about 3,000k's since its last service...